Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Interest Thread

5 years ago
I'm going to tally the planet votes in Leaving Earth - Part II next weekend and begin a group vote CYOA in the CC. I'll keep it going throughout the summer so long as there are active and interested parties.

Anyone is welcome to participate in the group votes, but I decided I'm going to try and add an additional element. For people that are really interested and participate in the planet vote debate, I will include you as a character in the story and give you a personal choice that will affect events in tandem with the group choice.

E.g.

Group Choice
A
B
C

EndMaster Choice
A
B
C

Steve Choice
A
B
C

Etc.

But I'm only going to bother with the personal choice/character insert for people who are active and invested in the story. (If you lose interest and stop participating, you'll probably get killed off and someone else may get a character if they're interested). Depending on interest, I may put a cap on how many personal choice slots there will be, since I'll have to come up with a story/plot point for each.

So I guess the concept is a bit like a group vote cyoa, scenario, and D&D campaign thrown into a pot of mush.

Anyway, if this idea interests you, keep your eyes on the CC next Sunday, and if you're interested in the personal choice/character component, get involved in the Leaving Earth - Part II thread this week and tag me.

Note: *** I would rather not do actual people inserts. So I'll put up a character bio sheet once I see how many people are interested in this component.

Interest Thread

5 years ago
Okay, if you want a personal character, send me a PM with a character bio. I'm putting a cap on the number I'm giving out so I don't have to think up endless plot points. First come, first serve.

Do not try to make your character the ship's leader. Do not try to make your character a Mary Sue. If you do, I'll skip you and go to the next person on the list.

Example Bio:

One to two paragraphs describing the character's background and skills.

At a minimum, include:

The character's name
A character strength
Reason they got onto the ship
Projected role in the community
General age
Sex
A character goal
A character weakness (may be implied - e.g. 70 year old character --> weak + old)

Interest Thread

5 years ago
I felt sorry for this thread so I'm posting in it.

Interest Thread

5 years ago

Agreed, this thread has my pity.