Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Hullo hullo my doods, i was born and abused in England AKA: the land of the lads. I randomly stumbled upon this website, read one or two suuuper cool stories last year but before i decided to create an account i forgot what this website was called just after i cleared my Google cache so i literally lost the website for a year or something which sucks.

BUT ANYWAYS i found this scrumptious website again and thought i might as well get into writing now at the ripe age of 18 (nearly 19 btw therefore i'm a big boy now) so when the time comes where i find myself on my deathbed at 90 years old; surrounded by my peasant children and grandchildren listening to them drone on about how they will create new and improved, highly sophisticated robots who can shit for you in more ways than one. I want to interrupt them and say "but can you write tho" and when they respond with a smart ass answer like: "no, my robot friend just creates a VR space which lets meh draw in the terd(3rd) dimension and animate it in teh fourth dimension " because they were raised on medically pedicured cabbages or some shit. I would be like "HA... peasants" and then proceed to drift of into the sunset which would probably be alot bigger now because elon musk colonized mars in 2030 and i was stupid enough to say "HUUR DUUR, if a few astronouts can live there then SO CAN I" without fathoming the fact that the thing which would ultimately  lead me to my death would be a robot malfunctioning while wiping my ass. 

wow that actually turned out to be a great rant of fuck all because i don't know what  to talk about... OH YEAH; i haven't actually written a story before so any advice on what to do before/during a story  would be greatly appreciated.

k thx bai 

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Welcome to the site. A simple bit of advice: capitalize when needed. But seriously, I hope you enjoy it here. And take your time on your first storygame. It'll be a while before your grandchildren's robots are out and about, so you have time to craft the best damned storygame you can. Let's hope Elon Musk can get us to Mars. We would already have colonized the Red Planet if Richard Nixon hadn't Nixed that idea in the 70's. 

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Glad too see you here! Just don't post like that too much, since EndMaster may get irritated. Anyways, I'm from America, so hello my England friend. I will try not to make it too difficult to understand me. Also, just an FYI (If you didn't know, it means For Your Information), the site seriously lags sometimes. It usually takes a short amount of time to load stuff, but here, it lags so badly that it takes 2-5 minutes for a page to load. And it happens at random times, too. But, good news, it apparently only does so in the summer. So, if you're lagging, that's why.

Some advice for writing: I always look for storygames that feel complete, and not "you do this. What do you do?" scenario. I want it to be "You do this. More details. What do you do?" Okay? Also, try to have good grammer. If your American grammer sucks, here's some Grammatical Tips It's from another website similar to this, and it's kind of dying. Only traffic on it is apparently for the adult stories. Also, Help & Info can explain this all better than I can. 

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

So the hyperlink to the Grammatical Tips aren't working, so here's the URL:

http://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Grammatical_Tips

EDIT: If this doesn't work, I don't know what will:

Grammatical Tips

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Thank you mizal.

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago
Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago
Were you a guy we kicked from the Discord for not talking? I can't even keep track anymore.

Anyway you seemed talkative enough HERE. I never actually read your post last time but that's some A+ quality deranged rambling. Oh and good luck with your stories and all, whenever you get around to starting one.

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago

Oh yeah, i forgot about joining your discord and i haven't opened up discord since i initially joined. Didn't even know i was kicked sorry about that. Probably for the best anyway because i don't own a microphone at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words though. I hope people aren't as kind if they write a review about my first story game which will probably come out by Christmas, otherwise I'll be thoroughly disappointed!

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago
There's only the one token voice channel that nobody ever uses, it's mostly text chat. You're welcome to wander back in whenever but we kick people who don't say hello or give a site username if their Discord one is different.

Not sure I'd recommend it if you're seriously wanting to focus on a story though, it's turning out to be more of a time sink than expected...

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago
This is wonderful!

Hullo Hullo

5 years ago
°~°