Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Hastings, 1066: Aftermath

5 years ago
Since @TheWriterInTheDark seems shy about making threads, I just want to point out that while all the rest of us were fucktarding around on the forums and in the Discord, he has written and published a 170k monster.

Can't read it all just yet obviously, but what I've seen looks REALLY well done so far. Unless it turns out to be super linear or something it might even be feature worthy.

(Well okay there are a lot of missing periods and issues with dialogue punctuation and such but the fact those aren't giving me seizures yet is just more proof the story is good!)

5 years ago

The punctuation needs some work, but it's a great story with tons of endings. I especially liked this game because I remember playing 1066 all the time in middle school. 

5 years ago

Apologies for the haphazard punctuation, it's an old enemy of mine. I'm glad to hear that my story is considered entertaining, but not epileptic.

5 years ago

Honestly Bucky should just name you the winner of the contest and I'll go ahead and SHAME everyone else.

5 years ago
Ngl that seems pretty fair.

5 years ago

I certainly considered entering into the competition, but I had a slight (almost a year) head start on everyone else. It didn't seem fair.

5 years ago
I don't think a year's head start wouldn't have gotten us a 170k story from anyone else either, let's be honest here. 2018 has been the Year of ADD.

5 years ago
Well, except EM's contest and his storygame. Both were successful and altogether gave the site four featured storygames. I guess the moral of the story is that EM = king Midas for CYS.

5 years ago
Yeah I'm pretty sure that would have disqualified you, but looking at everyone's progress so far they may have just given it to you anyway. Awesome work on that game, by the way!

5 years ago

Thanks!