Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

"Bored"

4 years ago

Hey Hey Hey just wanted to say " Hi "

"Bored"

4 years ago
Hey, so did I read correctly that you plan on making a zombie story every few WEEKS?

"Bored"

4 years ago

Yeah don't worry though ill make them non boring or at least try to xd

"Bored"

4 years ago
Take your time with writing until the story is complete and high quality.
If you look around the site and especially New Storygames, you will see that this site is small enough that your story most likely won't be buried quickly, nor will it get a ton of reads within the first couple days. You'd have better returns making sure each story is the best it can be before you publish rather than trying to crank them out.
Stories in parts are almost certainly a terrible idea too.

"Bored"

4 years ago

I agree with Cricket. Don’t try to post as many stories as fast as you can. Take your time and actually try to write something you think people will enjoy reading. 

"Bored"

4 years ago

Yeah, I 3rd that. Not sure if you were planning on making games as a series of short episodes, but those rarely do well. A game that only takes a couple of weeks to make is probably going to be really short, rushed and generally not very good. Most of the best games on the site have had several months, if not years of work put into them... Not that you can't make a good game in a month or so, but definitely focus on making your game as good as it can be, rather than just releasing something quickly. ^_^

"Bored"

4 years ago

ok thx for the feed back. u guys have been some great help. btw i have all ready wrote too stories on paper before i found this website is the main reason i said in few weeks but i would try to make my new stories and games every 2 months or so.

"Bored"

4 years ago
Your posts are not filling anyone with confidence about your writing ability right now.

"Bored"

4 years ago

Lol laugh

"Bored"

4 years ago

I would like this if I could... :)

"Bored"

4 years ago

Unless you are magically immune to all of the many ailments that befall writers, I wouldn't recommend creating such a schedule for yourself. It is okay to spend several months planning out and preparing your story, you know.

Also, don't get carried away, I destroyed a self-proclaimed great poet in a poetry duel. A zombie story-writing duel could destroy your career.

"Bored"

4 years ago

Speaking of Castor, did he ever create the new account?

"Bored"

4 years ago

He just left the site. He might make a new account in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

"Bored"

4 years ago

oh ok thx guys for the unbelieving in my writing. btw it might take u guys that long, but do u know not all people are the same? most of my stories in high school went to all state so, before u  start to share the non positive opinions and comments you should read my first game when its done, then you can write whatever. 

"Bored"

4 years ago

We are all looking forward to what "u" can do in your first story here, particularly the short story duel that you have yet to accept.

"Bored"

4 years ago
Forgive us for questioning the abilities of or daring to try to help such an accomplished writer, the likes of which this site has never before seen. I'm sure somebody like you already has a dozen storygame ideas planned out and will be sure to make each interesting and engaging and with grammar of far higher quality than you are using right now to talk to us amateurs.
Sending positive waves your way.

"Bored"

4 years ago

You know, you have a golden opportunity to prove to us that you can write quality stories. Accept the duel request, and prove to us that you reign supreme.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/creative-corner/message/25330

Simply click the link above, and secure your honor. Winning this will guarantee you some instant fame.

"Bored"

4 years ago

ok and yeah for the grammar, i usually don't really use it when it comes to chatting.

"Bored"

4 years ago

"You are at work. You heard of people attacking people on the news, but you didn't believe it. Like that doesn't make any since, Right? No wrong! You should of listened but know it looks like you are going to pay the price. You only have one thing on your mind, Your son DAKOTA! What are you going to do? How are you going to get to him? Are you in time? You pick as you play through out the game"

Nor in storygame descriptions, it seems.

"Bored"

4 years ago

sis u and me should duel see who wins xdxd