Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

Happy Canada Day!!! Felow Canadians!

Also Happy 4th of July (independence day!) Stranger Americans!

*No Offence, but, I hate President crap.*

Oh ya, it is also 4th of July night when I made the forum!!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
That wasn't racist at all.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
meh. 4th of July is only special to me because it's the day I went on holidays this time (A "Freedom Day")

Happy Days!

15 years ago
What did the Canadians do on July 4th?

Happy Days!

15 years ago

nothing.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Canada day is July 1st

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Dude, July 4th isn't "Independence Day", it's "Will Smith Day".

lol, They were playing Independence Day (the sci-fi movie) all day yesterday on Fox Movie Channel.

And don't gimme none o' that Canuck Day crap! :P

Happy Days!

15 years ago

You're hilarious.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
XD Hahah!  3J, that was unexpected... Though, I don't know if it's racist.  Maybe... Nationalist?... >:(  Nazi!

XP

But seriously, I didn't do anything this year.  I didn't feel like going outside for an hour or two burning up money.  It's not a fun as it was when I was a kid... Well, a younger kid.  We'd spend $50+ on fireworks, light 'em up, then I'd have to spend twenty minutes blasting gunpowder off of the driveway.  Yeah, I thought I'd just pass it up this year.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

I hate president crap.

I dunna, that's pretty racist against any country with a presidency.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I think that having a president is good, though many do abuse their power.  Take a look at George.  Nuff said.  Now, if we had a president that actually did his job and upheld the Constitution, then maybe we'd have something... But it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

Boo presidents! (Just the crappy ones. )

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I just sat at home watching Independence Day over and over and over and over again. But I did go outside for a bit, but that was just to lob a primed firecracker at some unsuspecting passersby. It was great!

Happy Days!

15 years ago

racism is discrimination based on race, not position of power or political stance 

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Well yeah, but if she means that she hates countries with presidents, then she is getting on borderline racism, isn't she?

Happy Days!

15 years ago

I meant George Bush you retards.

Man he's just like Hitler, thats why I hate him!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Hmm, race and nationality are two different things. If she hates countries with presidents, it is then a political or nationalistic view, depending on her reasons, a racist view would involve discrimination against the presidents themselves, not the countries in which they govern.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Duh, JJJ! You should know, since you're a stupid, fat, lazy WHITE PERSON.
lulz :P Just kidding. Maybe...

THAT'S racism. But I'm white, so I can say it.

Anyway, Bush is the worst prezzie every. Like, seriously, there's no denying it. He hasn't done anything good as president. ANYTHING. Just about everything he does is AT LEAST controversial. He caused a national budget deficit, started a war with Iraq, which was just because he wanted to end his daddy's war, and he's an idiot in general.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

Actually he started the war in Iraq to make the National Bank extremely rich.  The bank sells money to America with interest.  So every dollar that America buys, the bank gets a dollar AND more.  That's where your income tax goes btw.

So, war is what makes the National bank super super rich, and so the powers at be, created a war they can't win.  Against "terror". Now they get rich and America suffers.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Watch Zeitgeist Final Edition.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I know what's wrong with America, thank you.

Anyone who says that they're going to vote for McCain - I'd just punch 'em.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

oh yeah? So did you know that there is no law, forcing you to pay income tax?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Yes. I know.

I watch shock-you-mentaries, too.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

mhm.

Fucked up.

Seen, Loose Change?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Yeah, that's what it was called. Loose Change. Saw that like half a year ago.

I also have seen the Michael Moore documentaries, but I don't buy much of that fat Michigan-guy's stuff.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
hahaha, Zeitgeist. that movie is so one sided. its extremely hard to take seriously.        
nate

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I took it seriously.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
You're hard.

XP

Corruption sucks... Income taxes suck... Printing money sucks... It ALL pretty much sucks.

The thing about the income taxes.. Sure, it's voluntary compliance, but that's not going to stop them from taking your s**t if you don't pay them.  They'll actually go into your bank account and take your money... So, even if you take it to court, like that Harold guy, you may not win, and if you don't.. You're pretty much done.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

Elaborate on hard. Actually no, you know what -- really don't.

And yes, America sucks.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I don't think I could explain it if I wanted to.

No, America doesn't suck.  The US sucks, but I see nothing wrong with Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Chile, Africa... There all nice places I'm sure... Cuba.

:P

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Okay, as you guys talk about racism versus nationalism, no one answered my question besides saying July 1. What did Canada do on July 1st that they celebrate it? Drink beer and have sex with meese?

That last comment is something...not racist, hmm, I'm not even sure what it's called. Nationalistic stereotype? Somehow I can't think of what hatred towards a country is called.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
haha i guess its just called hatred, or an opinion. anyways, canada day is the anniversary of when the provinces united to form canada in 1867. The provinces that joined where Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Later on the rest of the provinces joined, and i think i remember from history class that Newfoundland was the last one to join, though i cant rmemeber precisly.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Just because we didn't fight for it, doesn't mean it wasn't special.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I don't think "meese" is right, by the way.  I looked it up a couple of days ago because it was sorta pissing me off, not know how to pluralize "moose."  According to a few places that I don't remember the names of, it's either said "moose" or "mooses." 

Either way, I don't think there should ever be more then one moose in the same district, just so I don't ever have to pluralize.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
isnt it Egocentrism madglee? or something similar?
nate

Happy Days!

15 years ago
It's all of the above, Fleshy.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Meese is correct, Zero. Yeah egocentrism sounds good. It's just that there's not really a particular word like: racist, ageist, etc. for it.

Thanks for the education solo; wish US schools taught more about the world than the smattering of US stuff we got.

Oh, and I hope you guys realize that I was purposely being belligerent because we were talking about racism/nationalism, and in no way was actually being disrespectful - I rarely am, so you guys probably realize that.

:)

Happy Days!

15 years ago
You could use the terms Jingoistic or Xenophobic too.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Jingoistic is absolutely synonymous with nationalist, patriotic, etc. 'Cept they're patriotic to a radical degree, so nationalistic is proper. I suppose Xenophobic might work, but that's more the fear of the unknown. It's applicable, yes, but there has to be a better term...

Happy Days!

15 years ago
He said Jingoistic could be used, not that it meant anything different.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
i realized that. and the plural form of moose is moose or mooses isnt it? like the way fish can be fish or fishes.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Well it should be meese, but I don't think it actually is.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
You guys are Canadian! You should know this naturally!! lol

Happy Days!

15 years ago
for the record, ive only seen a beaver at the zoo.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Zoo? Don't you mean your backyard? lol :P

Happy Days!

15 years ago
god, that's soooo over-stated.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
That's bizarre. I could have SWORN the plural of moose was meese. I remember learning that at some point. One place does claim that is correct (urban dictionary), but both Merriam-Webster online and Dictionary.com online say that the plural of moose is "moose." They assert that it comes from an Algonquian Indian word and their plurals are usually their singulars. Hence deer, deer.

So I should have said: Having sex with moose.

Another word I was always wrong about was enervate: Could have sworn we learned in nursing school that enervating a nerve was to stimulate it, but in fact that is incorrect. Enervate means to weaken or fatigue, not to enliven or invigorate. Doesn't it sound like it means to give energy to?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
lol urban dictionary is for slang and user based input. dictionary.com is a proper dictionary. and yes enervate sounds like you are strengthening something.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
You forget Wikipedia...

But it's mooses. It just is.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I'm sticking to meese :P ;)

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Good, I like meese better, too. Hehehe!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I like meese too, but it's not a word, unfortunately.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
...Also, I don't think that Wikipedia should ever be used to prove a point.  It only weakens your argument, I think.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I disagree. Does it weaken your argument when someone agrees with you?  I do agree it shouldn't be used to PROVE a point though.  But, it agreeing with you does STRENGTHEN your argument.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Actually, Wikipedia isn't as inaccurate as everyone thinks. You know those citations at the bottom of the page? Yeah. Also, Wikipedia has a bunch of rules and regulations to keep the articles at high quality. Plus, if a topic is disputed or citation is needed, there's a big announcement at the top of the page.

Well anyway,
Happy Independence Day Plus Three
AND!
Happy Bungie Day!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Haha, I totally forgot what this thread was actually about until Anubis brought it back up. XD  Who is this newer, cooler, more... Anti-Anubis person?  :P

JJJ, I know he was agreeing with me.  I just don't know about using Wikipedia, like I said, to prove a point... Even though that wasn't all he used to prove it, I don't think.  I was just stating an opinion, because I remember someone who tried to use it to prove a point (Either Madglee, Fleshy, or Rommel.. Don't remember who).  And I don't necessarily think it weakens your argument per say, but it does mess up your credibility if it's the first thing you bring out in a debate or something.  Not saying that it was the first thing that Anubis did, but I've been in debates with people before and that's the first thing they brought up: Wikipedia, and it turned out, every time, that the person I was arguing with had little or no idea of what they were talking about.

Surprisingly, Anubis, I agree with you... To an extent.  I've once tried to make a new topic thing on Wikipedia, and it was shut down before I'd even finished... But at the same time, I must mention that a group of idiot friends at school were on Wikipedia one day, and thought they'd mess with it a bit.  I swear, for about a week, all they had for "Salt" was...

F-*beep*!!!!

So, you see, it's not as thorough as you might think.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

The reason you think it weakens an argument, is because every time you've faced someone who cited it immediately, knew nohting of what they were talking about. Right?

Well that's because people who don't know what they'retalking about, search it up on google, settle on the first link (wikipedia) and then cite it.  It has nothing to do with wikipedia or the quality. Or very little at least.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Well mostly I get my info from family, books, etc. Wikipedia is nice because it is a collection of knowledge - a place where you look up something, and then see if other things confirm what is in the article. I know it isn't that secure, but it's not all lies.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
"And I don't necessarily think it weakens your argument per say, but it does mess up your credibility if it's the first thing you bring out in a debate or something." -- Me.

And I agree with you again, Anubis. It's pretty handy, yes, but some things do slip through.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

If she hates president crap she hates president crap!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Noted.

Happy Days!

15 years ago

HOLY SHIT!

SHE'S RIGHT

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Oh yeah, I never got around to asking: Are you a guy or girl, Bubblewrap?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I guess she's a girl, Aboobies.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
I'm just thinking how to mutilate YOUR screenname, Zero. Uh... Dammit! lol

Happy Days!

15 years ago
... -_- What'd you just call me?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
No, I just can't think of anything................................

Happy Days!

15 years ago

Bubblelover is my friend she lives near my house. . .  Frig

You know Anubis, you could turn his body into art over the screen!?

Happy Days!

15 years ago
okay, that's just creepy.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Hey you werent here when we played that certain Mafia game when Zero killed me by making art with my body and putting it in a museum display box so we've been playing around with that ever since. . .

Happy Days!

15 years ago
he wasn't playing gideon, was he?

jesus seth, there are children here.

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Jesus Corinthian there are children here!!!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
won't somebody please think of the children?

Happy Days!

15 years ago

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Aboobies:  I know. ;)

Emma:  It was Silver who killed... And turned you into some sort of fancy display. 

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Happy days!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
lol!

Happy Days!

15 years ago
Really, oh, I could swear it was Zero. . .