Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Instruments

13 years ago

What instruments do you guys like, play, or hate?

Instruments

13 years ago
Keyboard, Trombone, and Guitar(that ones from rock band).

Instruments

13 years ago

Piano (and keyboard, but it's the same thing), trumpet, marimba, recorder, bells, baritone horn. That's what I can play.

Instruments

13 years ago
I can also the play the Harmonica. Not great but I can. Ohh and the Villon and cello.

Instruments

13 years ago

I want to learn a string instrument (though technically, a piano is a string instrument in the interior) and I slightly play harmonica.

Instruments

13 years ago
Playing strings is different. I have not played them in awhile. I bet I am rusty.

Instruments

13 years ago

Just like my trumpet. XD!!!

No, I'm kidding. But it could use some grease.

Instruments

13 years ago
I sure you still toot your horn on occasion. I had to stop do to medical reasons.

Instruments

13 years ago

Aw. :(

No, I play every other day.

Instruments

13 years ago
Piano is considered percussion. I know, right? Weird. I play guitar and bass. And I play the radio pretty well too.

Instruments

13 years ago
The radio is the only thing I can play, lol. I have no musical talent.

Instruments

13 years ago

My favourite instruments to play are drums and bass guitar, but I can also play guitar and piano. And vocals, but anybody can sing.

Instruments

13 years ago

I should correct that - I like playing bass guitar when playing with other people, but otherwise it falls under the same category as piano and guitar.

Instruments

13 years ago
Bass is mine my main instrument, I feel like a jazzy black dude when I play. But for all you guys know, I AM a jazzy black dude.

Instruments

13 years ago
Good I hope you become one of the greats.

Instruments

13 years ago

Piano, Clarinet, Violin, Flute, and a few other I don't quite know the name to since I practically rename all of my instruments to whatever I prefer to call them.

In terms of skill, it would have to be the piano by far. I don't know why to be honest, I kinda prefer flutes to piano, but I always do better on a piano. *shrug*

Instruments

13 years ago
In terms of skill it would be the Trombone and Villon. To bad I had to quit due to medical reasons.

Instruments

13 years ago
I can play clarinet, french horn, flute(kind of... My sister played flute and I picked up a bit from her). And most recently I've begun to play piano, and I think its my favourite. I can also sing, even though I don't really like to.

Instruments

13 years ago

I sing, I like calling it the throat horn (XD) Congrats, Zikara! I think if you learn to play more complicated pieces, you'll like it a lot more! I just learned to play Fur Elise today and it's awesome! I'm going to learn to play Plight (or is it Flight?) of the Bumble Bee next week or week after. Yay!

Instruments

13 years ago
I know how to play Piano man.

Instruments

13 years ago

First of all, I'm not a man. I'm a WOman. Second, i wasn't talking to you. Third . . . what's your favorite some go play?

Instruments

13 years ago
First that is a song by billy Joel a musician.

here a video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9rfWucgeY&feature=bf_next&list=PL401E476530249BC6&index=3

Second what up with the cold shoulder? I live in America freedom of speech on a public forum.

Third. Made no sense. If you meant song that would be My Heart Will Go on Theme song of the titanic.

Instruments

13 years ago

Fergie asked what your favorite song to play is, I think. She mistyped her post. I'll answer the question though, my favorite song to play on bass is Colt 45 by Afroman. I know, I know, it's a weird song to some, but it has a funky bass line. As for guitar, I like to play acoustic songs I write with chords. I don't like to cover songs on guitar. Anyone else have songs they like to play?

Instruments

13 years ago

Yes that is what I assumed as that is on piano. I love playing pirates in the Caribbean and star wars on my trombone. My trombone teacher was a bit of a nerd.

Instruments

13 years ago

Most musicians I know are nerdy. I'm pretty nerdy myself, haha.

Instruments

13 years ago

Well yes it is just he was all excited about it and he was like 57 maybe older. I  just found it funny how excited he got.

Instruments

13 years ago
I love nerdy excited teachers. They're the best.

Instruments

13 years ago

I just listened to this and all of a sudden, I have an urge to be naughty. >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSFPQDEkc-k

Instruments

13 years ago

I play all percussion instruments (snare drum, bass drum, xylophone, marimba, cabasa, wind chimes, ect.), love the violin, but I've wanted to learn to play the lyre for a long time, now.

Instruments

13 years ago

well as my picture suggests I play a little guitar.

Instruments

13 years ago

I suck at the Lyre. v.v

Instruments

13 years ago

That is a difficult instrument to play from what I have heard.

Instruments

13 years ago

Here are the songs I like to play:

Piano: Lemon Tree, Blowin' in the Wind, Gilligan's Isle, Cruella De Vil, Land of Oz, Wipe Out, Old Time Rock & Roll, Fur Elise, and Toccata in D Minor

Trumpet: Raider's March (from Indiana Jones), Star Wars, Pomp and Circumstance, Star spangled banner, Ding Dong Merrily On High, and Afterburn

When I was younger, my friends and I used to joke about Ding Dong Merrily On High. We used to sing "Mary is a ding dong 'cuz she's high!" and we'd laugh and laugh.

Instruments

13 years ago

Did you actually get upset when I said Piano man by billy joel

Instruments

13 years ago

No, just thought I'd point it out.

Instruments

13 years ago

I play the trombone. I hate the trombone. I like the banjo.

Instruments

13 years ago

sorry about that.

And Fergie sorry it came off as pissed.

Did you look at the song.

Instruments

13 years ago

Not a fan of Youtube. I'll check it out on iTunes later.

Instruments

13 years ago
Then why don't you play the banjo, bo?

Instruments

13 years ago

That is because he isn't southern enough, you need to be at least 70% redneck southern to play the Banjo.

Instruments

13 years ago

Then you have obviously never met me, Eurodite, I'm not a jibbering idiot, but I'm redneck, although i don't like it lol. I don't play because I have never learned how, and I don't have enough money to purchase a banjo or take lessons.

Instruments

13 years ago
Ahh. But then why didn't you take up banjo instead of trombone in the first place?

Instruments

13 years ago

Maybe his parents told him to do otherwise. my mom signed me up for piano.

Instruments

13 years ago

because the those idiotic excuses of  band directors in junior high wouldn't listen and put me on trumbone. I tried to talk them into letting me do trumpet, but they said my lips weren't right,but when my lil bro got into band, I could play his trumpet like a beast without a single lesson. I quit after eighth, before we went to high school

Instruments

13 years ago
Yea, this happened to some people I knew when we started band in like 4th grade or so. They had a little tryout, and then they'd pick what instrument they thought you'd be best at, and that's what you could get. It was weird. And they were a bit stupid, because they did set up me with a french horn (and I was super tiny, and the thing in its case weighed almost as much as I did so I never took it home to practice). Later I switched to a clarinet because it was just lighter.

Instruments

13 years ago

I want to learn to play a woodwind instrument.

Instruments

13 years ago
They're fun, but reeds are stupid.

I want to learn to play strings. Like cello or violin.

Instruments

13 years ago

Ditto.

Instruments

13 years ago

X=0 where X is ugilick's musical talent.

Instruments

13 years ago

Ha, nice licky.

Instruments

13 years ago

my sister on the other hand, when she sings it aws everyone every time, the audience dont dare move untill she stops.

Instruments

13 years ago

And she makes good coookies.

Instruments

13 years ago

it is true. (::)

Instruments

13 years ago

Yum! ^_^

Instruments

13 years ago

You don't even know -_-

Instruments

13 years ago

still true, they were amazing, and huge, and we ate like three dozen in two days.

Instruments

13 years ago

Theylook all lumpy and gross, but they are quite delicious.

Instruments

13 years ago

i will make sure to tell her you think her cookies made from scratch look lumpy and gross. you monster.

Instruments

13 years ago

And I will tell her that you think more of what lies on the outside than the inside, you shallow jerk

Instruments

13 years ago

i want you to rethink that sentece for a second.. lol

Instruments

13 years ago

It makes sense if I don't think about it.

Instruments

13 years ago

I got it. I understand insanity speaking because of personal and other peoples experiences.