Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I thought this day would never come

12 years ago

I just got my thousandth point. :)  Minus all the points I've lost via duels, of course. haha

But I remember when I started out at CYS, then still MAG/CYS, with Cycid everywhere and the different color scheme.  I actually signed up because this girl I liked was a member, haha (even though she never logged on), and I very soon found the community to be open and really welcoming...  I was such a bad writer, too! hahah  Now it's coming up on my fourth year here (next week), and I've got to say I'm quite proud of the progress I've made as a writer and person thanks to this place.  And while the vast majority of those points came from simply showing up and collecting a freebie, I feel it really has benchmarked my progress, because showing up, reading, writing, debating, criticizing, and being criticized have been absolutely essential to that progress.  Not just in my general writing style either, but in creativity of my writing as well, outside of these forums.

CYS has many times encouraged me when doing something right, and humbled me when doing something wrong... which I tried to minimize as much as possible. haha  For that reason, I've always comfortable sharing my work with this community.  I don't wanna go into a huge thing about my all changes here, which are really quite clear looking back at my earlier stuff around the forums, haha, but I've seriously got a lot to thank this place for.

1,000 points may not the greatest achievement, but I seriously did not think I'd get here.  Yet, somehow, it's just crept up on me and made me look back at my past few years.  CYS means a lot to me for several reasons.  I'm very glad I stuck around. :)  ...Now, 10,000's gonna be a bitch. haha

12 years ago

congrats man

12 years ago

Did you want a bro hug or something? hahaha.

12 years ago
So awesome, man. I can echo everything you've said about improvement and this website. It's striking to see how far you or I have come in the time that we've frequented CYS.

12 years ago

Awesome Zero. Hope you stick around for another four ;)

12 years ago

Thanks, Fergie and Puff.  And yes, a bro hug seems appropriate. haha :p

Definately, JJJ.  It's also quite exciting knowing that we will only get better from here. haha  As far as we've come, it's only a small sample the betterment the future will bring. 

12 years ago

nicely put.

12 years ago

Congrats, man.