Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/19/2012: This was deliberately kept small. The current limit is more than enough.

Making you able to have more co-authors

12 years ago

You should be able to have more co-authors because more people means better games. Right?

12 years ago

Quality > Quantity

So no, that's not quite right. If you have good co-authors you shouldn't need that many of them.

12 years ago

I don't really see a need for this, I think three coauthors is more than enough.

12 years ago

It would be so cool if I had a million co-authors so that they could make 1000 books for me a day. Wouldn't you want that to happen?

12 years ago

No, like Killa said,

"Quality > Quantity"

12 years ago

Besides, lack of oversight over the whole story can have negative impact (if you had million writers writing the same story at the same time, they wouldn't know about anything that happens in the story beyond the small portion they write, and so the story would end up completely out of context).

12 years ago

Not to mention the fact taht a million different writers will have a million different directions with how they want the story to go. You would have so many different writing styles and levels of grammatical prowess it would just be rediculous.

12 years ago

While I don't see the benefit of having a tonne of authors, I don't think there should be a limit on the number of co-authors you have (unless it causes problems for the server or something).

It's a low-priority change from my point of view, though.

12 years ago

I agree because what if you wanted to have 6 co-authors to help you make a big story.

Also you can cycle co-authors by getting some and kicking off some evry once in a while. It takes a lot of coordination and time though

12 years ago
You should definitely leave CYS because it doesn't have these features and infinite-story.com does.

12 years ago

Although if you do go to infinite-story, you should know it doesn't have variables or items.

12 years ago
Shhh ;)

12 years ago

There was this guy that spent 24 hours a day on this website for a week but then he died. I'm going to do that EVERY DAY EVER from now on. I'm also going to skip the dieing part. =)

12 years ago
You're able to spend 24 hours on a website.. you don't have any friends do you?

12 years ago
And you're not even online so I assume your plan was a no go?

12 years ago

Or he has already reached the dieing part ;)