Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 6/22/2012: The new PMs will fix this

[High] Unread messages marked as read

12 years ago
I'd like someone else to confirm this, but on chrome if I read an unread message that I've received more recently than an older unread message in my inbox, it marks both messages as unread.

I'll test it on other browsers later when I have more time.

REITERATION:

My inbox has two unread messages:

Message 1: Received an hour ago
Message 2: Received two hours ago

If I read message 1 before I read message 2, it marks both as read, but not vice versa. This is a new bug.

12 years ago

Wait, does it mark both messages as read or unread? At the top you said it shows them both as unread but they appear as read at the bottom.

I just tried to recreate this on Fireofx but everything appeared to act normal.

12 years ago

Okay, I couldn't recreate it on Firefox or Internet Explorer so it seems like the bug is confined to Google Chrome although I don't have Chrome any more so I can't test it on Chrome.

12 years ago
Sorry, yeah, it marks both of them as READ not unread.

12 years ago

I tried to recreate the bug you said in chrome, but it worked normally for me. Though the messages were sent only seconds apart, it still said the older one was unread after reading the newer one.

12 years ago

The bug doesn't occur with Firefox (I usually read older messages first but there have been a few times when I've read newer PMs first and this hasn't happened).

12 years ago

I can confirm this on Internet Explorer. Hasn't happened to me until recently though.

12 years ago

Weird, why is this only happening to some of us? Could it just be a laggy internet connection maybe?

12 years ago
Happened again to me.

CovElite messaged me, then Bo (ironic haha). I read Bo's first and when it took me back to messages, both were marked as read.

12 years ago

I only tried this by sending messages to myself. Could you send two PM's to me quickly and I'll see if this would happen when other people send me messages?

12 years ago
Sure.

12 years ago

Nope, I don't get why this is only happening to you and Bo but not the rest of us.

12 years ago

Can we do a quick recap here so that I may investigate.

So, this has happened to two different people so far, one being JJJ while using google chrome (on multiple occasions) and the other being Bo using Internet Explorer (only occured once), am I correct?

Also, has anyone else been experiencing this issue, and can anyone comfirm the presence of this issue on FireFox?

Thanks

11 years ago

I always use firefox and I've never had this issue.

11 years ago

I recently got Chrom and tested it out on Chrome and I couldn't reproduce it.

In recap, I couldn't do it on Firefox, Chrome, or Explorer