Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Playtesters Wanted: for Dungeon Stompage!

11 years ago

I’m looking for volunteers to troubleshoot my ‘Dungeon Stompage!’ fantasy adventure game on a game-wide “bug hunt” before I publish it.

The game is 100% complete, fully playable, and long enough to be a challenge (400+ pages). I have proofed it over and over and think I have all the bugs out, but you never know.

What I’d like are some folks willing to play through it in various ways and provide useful feedback on any problems or snags they might find.

This would include things like noticing that a map-piece didn’t update correctly; or that a page says you used a sword when you used a mace; or perhaps a link to a page leads to the wrong place; or I forgot to put the “@P” in the $DEST # and it causes an Application Error. All those sorts of things.

Let me know here or by PM and I’ll send you the Link to the game. As of right now, I don’t have the game preview-able, but will set that up if I get any interest.

Playtesters will get hints and even cheats (if needed) on finishing the game and those that do finish it will be listed with thanks as Playtesters on the game Title Page.

Let me know, thanks - BZ

11 years ago

I'll do it. It sounds like fun

11 years ago

sure

11 years ago

count me in

11 years ago

I would love to playtest it! Sounds like fun!

11 years ago

Excellent! I'm just now fixing a bug that my wife discovered, but I'll open the preview and PM everyone the game link here later tonight =)

11 years ago

Yay! I am so excited!

11 years ago

so far so good.

11 years ago

I keep finding minor bugs here and there, but am fixing them as they pop up. My guess is that we're somewhere around 99% bug free now :D

11 years ago

I'm going to give it another day or two for playtesting, then if the feedback continues to come back solid, I'll go ahead and publish cool

11 years ago

Here's a general question to the Playtesters – does the Armor Soak of Plate Amor make the game too easy at the end?

Right now you always take at least 1 point (depending on the monster) of damage on each hit regardless of Armor Soak. Should I increase that a little? Like to 1d4 or something?

Thoughts?

11 years ago

Yes, but I think the fireball wand is too good. Also there are some spelling errors

11 years ago

I'm on the fence about the power of the wand of fireballs, so I'll consider more feedback on it before making a final decision. I certainly can reduce its power a bit if folks tend to agree with you.

On the spelling errors: remember any particular examples? I’ll change them as I find them, but with a couple tens of thousands of words here, I could use help tracking them down ;)

11 years ago

After further review, I agree on the Armor Soak problem. I'm going to tweak it so that if you are hit, you will always take a minimum amount of damage depending on the monster (big-bads do more than say lowly zombies for example).

I don’t really want to compromise the value of armor however, so I’m going to tread lightly here…

11 years ago

Got this fixed :)

11 years ago

Currently working on what I hope will prove to be the last two bugs :)

11 years ago

All right - I think we got it pretty solid now.

I'm going to go ahead and Publish it and see how it goes from there. Once again, thanks everyone who helped playtest it (you too krazy - even though you sort of missed the boat, hehe).