Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

First things first, you can call me Dem or Demora. I don't mind either one. Second, a friend of mine showed me this website and I almost fell in love with the concept. She told me it was a great place to practice my writing and get feed back. No she doesn't own an account here but comes to this site quite often.

I like to write gory, suspenseful, plot turning stories. I also like to write from a Antagonist's' POV. Odd yes, but I've been rooting for Disney villains since I was a little girl. Maleficent specifically. My favorite color is blue, and I like to write stories as you know already. Expect plot twists in some of my publishes, as well as gore, and Rate-R scenarios. I don't sugar coat often, and I try to be somewhat realistic in my stories(even in my fantasy prompts).

I hope you enjoy yourselves and thanks for reading this post. 

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you'll do well here.

(Usually I'm being sarcastic when I say that but villains as protagonists are a popular theme here and so is most of the other things you mentioned.)

Just please make sure to proofread your work carefully however, saying 'this is my first story' or 'this will probably have misspellings and grammar errors' in the description isn't going to make anyone overlook sloppy work. I always hate seeing someone put time and effort into their characters and plot, and then having to give them a low rating because the way they've presented it is literally unreadable.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Actually no I don't convert an antagonist into a protagonist. But thanks for informing me about the stuff you mention. I don't intentionally do such mistakes. But thanks for reading at least, maybe I read some of your stories.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

The protagonist by definition is the person that moves the story forward, so if your story isn't from the protaganist's POV it will be very boring. 

Protaganist =/= Hero

Antagonist =/= Villian

It has to do with who the main character is.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
I write stories from the NPC's POV. The intricacies of standing in a shop and never sleeping drive them to eternal hellish madness but they can't do anything except walk around the shop every few hours and come back to the counter.

Is the NPC my protagonist?

New writer in town...

6 years ago

That's not really a story.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
ThAt'S nOt ReAlLy A sToRy

There are a lot of choices and things which happen, I was just summarizing the general theme of such a story. There's interactions with players, other NPC's sometimes, and always stuff to clean or keep tidy in the shop.

So would the NPC be the protagonist?

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Yes.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
I disagree.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Who drives the story forward?

The reader because they makes choices.

The reader is playing as the NPC.

The NPC is the protaganist.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
No.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Unless you have another POV character that is driving the story forward and doing more stuff in general, the NPC is still the protagonist of the story since it’s only centering on his point of view. And in the case of a CYOA, the reader is ONLY picking choices for him.

Yeah there could be a hero or whatever in the story, but it’s not focusing on him, it’s focusing on the guy moving about in the store. Sure it’s a boring protagonist (Until the hero decides to kill him and loot the place) but it’s still a protagonist.

Now in Demora’s case I’m guessing she could mean one of two things:

1. She’s actually writing villain protagonists, but mistakenly calling them antagonists since that’s the role they usually play in stories.

Or

2. She’s still writing stories with a traditional hero protagonist and villain antagonist, but she focuses more on the character development of the villain meaning her heroes are probably not as interesting and have less dimension to them making for a more boring protagonist.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

1st. Thanks for clearing it up for me and my word choice.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

No problem, now if you’re going to be an edge lord, and running about making villain protagonists and stories with gory misanthropy, you have to look to that darkest part of your heart and nourish all the black hatred within it.

What I mean by this, is you’ll only rise to the top here by tearing others down.

Now you’ve got three main rivals, insanebutvain, Malk and Steve.

IBV has written a couple edgy stories, but done nothing else except be a lazy whore that has orgies with furries. So your first mission is to beat her. Should be a simple enough task even for you.

Malk will be your second target. While the cappy may seem like a complete self loathing pussy (and he is) don’t be fooled. Underneath all that deep depression lies some skilled edgy writing.

If you manage to destroy the pair of them, your final task will be beating Steve. This narcissistic degenerate will try to mock and discourage you at every turn (When he’s here and not catching a million diseases at the public men’s restrooms) but don’t listen to him. His attacks merely poorly mask his own crippling insecurities.

Defeat these 3 low lifes and you will have completed your quest!

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Pretty sure Steve is dead (or maybe that's just wishful thinking...) so probably it'd be easier to start with him.

And by the time she's done with that, vain will have died of some superstrain of STD. So really that just leaves Malk, and of course you as the boss battle.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Thank you for correcting her, that post was bugging the shit out of me but I don't like explaining definitions when one could theoretically just look them up.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. Indeed, gory R-rated is quite popular here. And I see you've already met mizal, so prepare yourself for brutal feedback.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
R-rated just be sure it's not graphic sex; you are free to imply anything you need to imply though :)

What kind of blue?

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Any shade of blue honestly, if I had to pick an absolute favorite. Gotta go for Baby Blue

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Welcome, good luck with your stories!

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Alright, new person. Enjoy the site.

New writer in town...

6 years ago
Oh he's alive.

A sad day for us all.

New writer in town...

6 years ago

Sorry I was gone for so long, I know how you always bitch about how people don't review your shit enough, I'll have a look at the lizard story you wrote.

Oh.

Oh, nevermind.