Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Pretty new to this, any advice?

6 years ago

Just found this website about an day ago, and I've finished one of the books someone had made.

Any advice for a newbie like me?

6 years ago
Copy and pasting from earlier post for MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY:

Usual advice for newbs is to check out the top rated games to get an idea of the quality level readers are looking for, and to remember there's no rush to get your own game published. CYOAs can be a lot of work to complete, so you want to make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew and that you proofread and polish and all that.

Stop by the Writing Workshop if you need more direct feedback and advice, and the Advanced Editor board for scripting help. (There are articles as well that should walk you through the basics.)

6 years ago

Welcome to CYStia. I recommend checking the articles and reading the top stories.

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. Of course, the advice also depends on what you want to do. Some people come to this site just to read stores. Some come to criticize stories. Others join up to write stories. Some even just have fun in the forums, so it's really up to you where to go next. Feel free to look around, both the stories and the forums, to get a feel for others and what they do here. Then join in where you want to!

6 years ago

Welcome to the CYS site!

I am recommending you to go check the top rated story's and read them, also you can go to help and info page to get started in this site.

If you have any questions, you can post here or send private message to anyone you would like.

I hope you have a good time here! :)

6 years ago

Welcome to the website. Have fun and good luck.

6 years ago
Yo