Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Question about posting

4 years ago

So I REALLY want to post my Game-Story, but due to having so many paths and getting burned out, plus real-life events that got in the way, I have to put in on hiatus for an uncertain amount of time...

It says not to post "demos" but would this still be considered a "demo" if it's just an unfinished product that I'm not sure of when I'd actually be able to go back and finish on?

Speaking of which, where could I go to request a collab in so I could get help with this "unfinished" story of mine?

Question about posting

4 years ago
Definitely don't post it, unless what you have works as a complete story as it is.
EDIT: Just looked at your profile. Don't post it.

Question about posting

4 years ago

I recommend just putting it aside for a while, then coming back to it when you are ready to finish it.  It would be very unlikely for someone to collaborate with a stranger.  On the off chance you get someone, it is unlikely to go well.

Finish your game when you can (or not).  There's no rush.

Question about posting

4 years ago
Absolutely wait until the story is done.

Question about posting

4 years ago

If you'd like to receive feedback while it's still unpublished, you could always post a link in the Writing Workshop and ask for comments while your game is still in "sneak preview" mode. I find that can be helpful motivation when you've already put so much effort into the plot, and it can also help you to improve the final product before it gets released. 

Question about posting

4 years ago
Yeah but, it's Sonic fanfiction so I'm not sure how encouraging early feedback is going to be lol. He's really going have to pull out all the stops and wow us with the finished story.

Question about posting

4 years ago

I don't typically read fanfiction-based games (unless I'm a fan of the fandom), and I agree with you that many other members on this site probably don't, either. After scrolling through his/her profile, however, I realized that the story is currently about 90,000 words long. It seems the author is quite serious about their writing, and the quality is decent, too. Even though I'm not a fan of the genre, I can respect the effort they've put into it. Hopefully they come back to it, some day.