Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

Chooseyourstory.com has successfully launched CYS6.0!  A lot has changed behind the scenes but it’s mostly just a cosmetic change.  Here are some of the more notable entries

1.       Horror Category added (let march know if you want to move your story),

2.       Changes in top rated stories – now all “top rated stories” will be listed randomly rather than by creation date,

3.       And the most obvious – a home page!

Let us know if you encounter any bugs, problems or typos on the site and post them under The Bugs and Problems Forum.

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
Which category did we lose?

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

Mystery/Puzzle

riley

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

or not...My bad.

riley

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

Quizzes moved to Everything Else.

riley

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
Looking great so far, guys. The two "news" entries on the Home Page are in different fonts (my apologies, I'm a perfectionist and I couldn't help pointing it out). It's looking great, and love the new Horror Category.

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
Great work alexp, a homepage and horror is just what we need. (Although my preferred genre will now be swamped with puzzles and quizzes)

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
Hmm, so under top rated storygames, if you click refresh, they just keep randomly appearing in different order, even some that aren't on the list in the first place? They were listed in order of ratings before, not creation date, no? That seems sort of confusing to me.

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

Taken from a "feature wishing well" post:

It's sad the way that ratings are done on this site.  I only just recently noticed it.  I guess there's no such thing as a 7.5 on this site - because all 7 ratings are created equal.   So how do they make the top 5 list?  By being newly created, with so many ratings (they are ranked first by rating then by StoryID).   This is why whenever a new story gets a rating of "8" it automatically makes it to the top of the list.  NOt because it's necessarily better than Mommy, but because it has a higher StoryID.  UGH - I know. 

In 6.0, though we won't start using a decimal place (which would be the best way to do it) the 7's and 8's will be thrown in there randomly instead of by creation date - so the list will always have 8s in it, and then a random array of 7's.  It's a small fix but should at least be more fair.

march

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

By the way; the only reason they aren't doing a decimal place is beacuse its "too much coding".

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
Oh, hmm.

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

March, Alex, this looks great! the frontpage looks professional, a complete turn-around from the old MAG layout!

Great job!

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
T_T .. I liked that MAG layout

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

question...

if anyone posts a thread in news and updates, will it show up on front page?

nate

CYS 6.0

16 years ago

yeah it will - but the only people that should be able to post in NAU are admins.  If that's not the case let me know.

march

CYS 6.0

16 years ago
That is the case but that doesn't mean its not possible for mods to put posts there.