Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

anyone read any good westerns recently?

3 years ago
I just finished reading gunslinger girl by Lindsay Eli and wanted a recommendation for another western.

3 years ago
Finished The Dark Tower I not too long ago. The pacing is rather slow, especially for King. It reads as an immersive, descriptive experience. Dialogue was minimal. If you're looking for quick action and a sweet dopamine rush, I wouldn't recommend it.

3 years ago
I go on a Western binge every so often and just read a bunch of Louis L'Amour's. The nice thing about those is that there's just so many, and aside from a few standouts they all kind of blur together into one decently entertaining book. So you can get your fix regardless of whether you've read them before and move on with your life.

3 years ago

The original book versions of True Grit and The Revenant are worth reading... with the exception that the ending to the novel version of Revenant (which itself is supposedly closer to the actual historical events) are far less satisfying than the movie's ending.

2 years ago
I would like to recommend my book favorite - "Old Dogs" by Ron Schwab. Stunning storytelling, epic storyline and extraordinary characters. Captures from the first lines and keeps you in suspense until the end.

2 years ago
Haha, nice try once again, but no human would ever post on the reading board.