Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

Obligatory music guy here, just wondering what the opinions of this fine site are on music.

Who do you think is putting out the best tunes right now? And of which genres?

Interested in hearing you guys' response.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago
Ludovico Einaudi putting out jams on the piano.

Do old rock bands count? Obviously the pop of the age is of the lowest tier quality wise so if you want "current" artists it'd just be people who were making music ages ago and never changed their style (Eminem comes to mind). Rappers are pretty hot right now - I'm not really interested in rap though so idk how it is quality wise. Is my semi-half waifu T-swizzle still good? I haven't heard her recent works.

BTW the term on the internet is audiofag.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

Eminem's new single lacked instrumental depth, although his lyrics and meaning were good. And he has changed his style through the years; look at Relapse compared to The Eminem Show.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

I don't like Ludovico Einaudi. I like Kenny G. 

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

I like all kids of music, but I think that Theister is one of the best anime piano players. Ooh! Charlie Puth's song "Attention" and Sam Smith's new song "Too Good to Say Goodbyes" and Adele's song "Water under the Bridge," is good, so listen to those. 

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

Also, the Tokyo Ghoul music ain't that bad either. The piano versions of Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul is pretty good, and Donna Burke's version of Glassy Sky from Tokyo Ghoul is amazing. x3 

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

Vocaloids are obviously master class, they'll become mainstream soon in the West and then bring in the evolution of the next type of hyped music.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

My favorite genres are classic rock, disco, classic pop, etc.

My favorite artists/bands are Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Imagine Dragons, Don McLean, and Bon Jovi

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago
UK grime is the shit. Skepta/JME/Wiley/trim etc. Essentially UK rap with an electronic twist.

Best Current Artist?

6 years ago

I'm a fan of a little-known hip hop artist named Kristoff Krane. Eyedea is great too.