Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

So, what did you all think of the new Han Solo movie? I think Disney's hack inclinations are beginning to show...

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

Didn't care about it enough to go see it though I imagine I'll see it on tv at some point. All I heard about the Solo movie were people bitching about Lando being pansexual.

I'm sort of to the point where I'm just going to finish this last trilogy in the theaters and mostly be done with Star Wars. Just don't care about the whole rebels vs the empire thing anymore. (or whatever either of them call themselves now)

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago
It's not Han Solo if it's not Harrison Ford. Master footage is just shitty toilet paper.

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago
Heard it's flopping and that's good, maybe they'll realize the free ride on this franchise is over now and they have to make actually good movies.

I'll see it eventually but I still need to see the new Deadpool and I can only be bothered to drive all the way to a theater every so often.

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

I think it was a solid 5 or 6 out of 10. The Directing was terrible. New "young" Han Solo was pretty awful to watch but it had some cool scenes and an interesting twist at the end if you didn't watch Clone Wars. 

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

idk, I thought the way it was shot was relatively creative for a star wars movie. the tracking shot where the camera kind of stuck to the droid lady's shoulder as she walked through the mining complex as it melted down was really cool. care to elaborate on why the "Directing" was so bad? 

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

There were some camera angles that were unique to be sure. However I was mostly talking about Lighting and framing (Acting as well but that is more of joint failure) There were several scenes that were too dark to see what was going on in my theater , especially in the mines, and sometimes I felt like the camera was focusing on the wrong thing in the room. I can't remember the specifics because since overall it was pretty forgettable. Hence 5 or 6.

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

Well, Richie Cunningham (also known as Opie) was called in at the last minute to re-direct about 95 percent of the movie. He may not have had time to do all the pre-production he would on a lot of his other films. I think worse than the murky-looking cinematography was the so-so script. I understand Lawrence Kashdan had worked on the screenplay for the Empire Strikes Back (along with Science Fiction writer and long-time Hollywood screenwriter Leigh Brackett), but Disney's problem is they've been rushing these films out too quickly. I think the main problem with all of their Star Wars pics has been the scripts.

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

That and lack of general direction. Episode 7 was a pretty enjoyable ride and while it was a lot like the originals I was excited to see what they did in the second one since they had already used most of the original shtick. Then Episode 8 comes around and they are all "Kill the Past" but by the end of the movie nothing has really changed. There is still a lightside and a darkside, Raye saved the books from the Jedi Temple and Luke propagated the "Legend" of the Jedi. To many contradictions make for a bad movie and a bad universe. This theme of lack of direction seems to have continued to the spin-offs. Where both movies were hugely rewritten. I don't think Han Solo is the derailing train wreck that some people think it is for the Star Wars Franchise. However. I think it might be a crack in the armor. A sign that things are going well behind the scenes and might go worse if not fixed. 

Han Solo Movie

5 years ago

A lot of Star, not much War.  Would've succeeded better as a short series than a full-feature film.