Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Almost Finished With My Second Story-Game

4 years ago

It's taken me well over a year now, but I'm almost ready to put the finishing touches on my second story-game. It's become increasingly difficult for me to find time to write. As a caregiver for an old woman with Vascular Dementia, I'm constantly under stress and have trouble sitting down and working on my writing. I also suffer from bouts of depression that make it hard for me to function outside of my job. After I post my story-game (Aphrodite's Orphan) I'm going to be taking an extended sabbatical from this site. I'll be gone for at least a year, maybe longer. I may go back to writing poetry, since that's less demanding of my time.  Hope everybody's doing well. 

Thomas La Homme

4 years ago
That sounds pretty rough. I'll be sorry to see you go, but I understand that writing can be time consuming and stressful just as often as it's therapeutic.

Glad to hear you've been making progress on Aphrodite's Orphan even with so many distractions and difficulties, I loved what I read of it and could already tell it would end up being one of the higher quality sci fi stories on the site. I hope you'll be able to stop in now and then even when taking a break from the actual writing and that things improve for you.

4 years ago

Thanks, mizal.

4 years ago

Real life stuff is always more important. Good luck.

We'll still be here if you ever decide to return.

4 years ago

Thanks. I appreciate it.

4 years ago
Sorry to hear about the issues, indeed, please do take care. And if you get a chance to come back, please do, that would be great. If we move, we'll try and leave a bread crumb trail or something...

4 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate any bread crumb trails. 

4 years ago
Hope it all works out for ya!

4 years ago

Thanks, BerkaZerka.