Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

the world feels dead

5 months ago
I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way. Nothing interesting is happening, no new memes or trends, sites like this are dying, niche content creators going off the radar. The world has lost its vibrancy. It's just a shitty, boring, "normal" now. Even the graffati I see in the streets reflects the degradation of culture, with everyone terminally online and thinking in cliches handed to them by their identity group.

the world feels dead

5 months ago

Nothing interesting is happening

Perhaps you're not looking hard enough. We have Dutch elections going on right now and many more fun political parties popping up! Sadly no attempted coups.

the world feels dead

5 months ago
Agreed

the world feels dead

5 months ago
I guess it depends on what you find interesting.

I don't think the site is dying though, the forum goes through lulls at times but people are still writing. And even if it was, many aspects of the community here would outlast the site itself. There's people I wouldn't lose contact with even if the servers were hit by a meteorite tomorrow, and we fully intend to meet up IRL and start a gang of raiders in the event of apocalypse.

the world feels dead

4 months ago
What would it take to be a part of that gang lol.

the world feels dead

4 months ago

Coming up with a better username

the world feels dead

4 months ago

Savage

the world feels dead

4 months ago
Burn...

the world feels dead

3 months ago
I love that

the world feels dead

5 months ago
Commended by mizal on 11/22/2023 6:00:50 PM
Nope, can't say I feel that way. Since most of your examples are online, I'm going to assume you're one of those terminally online people. Put down the social media, go to your library's non-fiction section, find a book on an interesting hobby that's relatively easy to get into, and ask about local events at the checkout desk. Even if they don't know anything else, they should be able to tell you about upcoming or annual events at the library. Unless your town/city is on its death bed or the majority of its population is terminally online as well, there should be something to do. The same applies to school as well. If there isn't anything to do, look to surrounding towns/cities. As for the online aspect, I can also safely assume we don't consume the same content either. YouTube likes recommending the occasional video about how social media hurts content creators (and people in general) because of the content I watch. Most of the time I'm just listening to music while doing something else, sometimes I watch motivational/advice videos, sometimes it's videos on some kind of craft (bookbinding, woodworking, writing, etc.) or art, sometimes I watch short films and video essays, and other times it's well-thought social commentaries. Hell, when I can be bothered to look at the comments on some of these videos, it's easy to find interesting, thoughtful comments. Anyway, the point is I consume online content that I genuinely enjoy and means something to me. If I think the content I'm consuming is shitty, I'm not going to keep looking at it; if I think the content is boring, then it's not something I'm into and I need to watch/do something that does hold my interest; and normal is a matter of perception. If you want interesting things in your life, you have to seek them out and put in the effort to participate. Mindlessly scrolling through infinite amounts of meaningless content won't get you there. On a final note, this site isn't dying (I can see why someone terminally online might think otherwise though). CYS is first and foremost dedicated to writing, and most (if not all) of the regulars have a life irl. We have contests, there's the Thunderdome, and End occasionally hosts games like the Tales of Arabian Nights thread. There are more interesting things to do here (like tagging EndMaster three times), but listing them all would take too much time. Not to mention the site is a little over two decades old and still kicking. TL;DR: You aren't going to find meaningful, interesting content by mindlessly scrolling through [insert social media platform here] while binge-eating ice cream at 2am in the morning.

the world feels dead

5 months ago

The site is just fine, it's vibing, it's thriving. You just need to stop being so dead inside. Go read Gay and Depressed, it might resonate with you.

the world feels dead

4 months ago

I'm (very) late to the party but jsyk feeling like that is often a symptom of depression

Not saying you have depression, but just be aware

the world feels dead

4 months ago

It's been a month, he's probably dead already.

the world feels dead

4 months ago
lol fag

the world feels dead

4 months ago

kek

surprised nobody said that before now.

the world feels dead

4 months ago
I understand my duty.

the world feels dead

3 months ago

You obviously haven't met enough interesting people. But i mean yeah, people tend to suck but some don't. It's not really productive to blame the rest of the world on why everything feels bland for you though, you might want to examine yourself on why that is, maybe you need to reinvent yourself or find some new things to try out. 

What is a giraffes favorite form of art? Giraffiti