Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Steve strikes to kill the Elders

6 years ago

Hi again, beloved retards that I'm still going to insult despite this being another grab for power requiring your approval. Anyhow, even though this story's fairly ancient in and of itself, I'm going to recommend replacing 331 Oakmount Drive with Blooded for featuring. Admittedly, I'm a fair bit late on the ball in doing this, but still, here's why I think so:

-Blooded is higher rated than 331 Oakmount Drive.

-331 Oakmount Drive is from a fair while ago, 15 years ago, when I was a mere Toddler Steve, where the site's standards were far lower. I'd say that this is a fairly significant reason the game has as high a rating as it does, because things of lesser quality got rated a hell of a lot higher than they would've if they were published nowadays.

-Blooded is tens of thousands of words longer than 331 Oakmount Drive, which means it's a lot more content being featured as a whole.

-I really, really want it.

-331 Oakmount Drive has had over fifteen years of exposure on the featured list, which for a game that, whilst good, isn't exactly the best we have, is a great deal.

-The actual prize for that contest was a featured spot in the Horror category, if the winning entry was good enough for featuring, which I'd say Blooded certainly is. While the contest fell apart and didn't receive enough entries for Blooded to qualify for this prize, to win, I'd say it's quite fair to think that Blooded was by far the best of the entries and that it failed to qualify for the prize not through any failings of it's own, but simply because not enough people actually submitted an entry.

So yeah, once again, I'm submitting this idea for the site to judge and vote or whatever it is we actually do around here. Hopefully, I few of you agree with me on this.

Steve and Klam's Thing: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/blooded

Yunakitty's Thing: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/331-oakmount-drive

Steve strikes to kill the Elders

6 years ago
Meh, Blooded isn't that great really but congrats, better than Oakmount until something else comes along. Not that that was much of a hurdle to get over.