Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Looking for an old user/storygame

4 years ago

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm looking for an old storygame published years ago. The title was "Legends" or something along those lines. (Not Endmaster's)

It was an unfinished fantasy story following a group of Wizards or "Magi". Each of the characters had a number, with "One" being your character. Each of your team members are sent to a border to investigate an event, eventually splitting up. Your team is ambushed by an unknown enemy who is as strong if not stronger than the entire team (to their surprise) and many of them die in certain paths. One epilogue has to choosing whether to save your injured lady teammate by taking her to a medic, at the cost of leaving the rest of your team to fend for themselves (judging by the outcome of the other paths, they all die except probably one).

Many people agreed that the story was very well-written and polished despite being unfinished, and wanted more. The user however ended up putting his writing on hiatus in order to start a webcomic in the same universe. I couldn't find the story under Fantasy. 

Yeah, there's not much information to go on, but if one of the older users can at least confirm what happened to his storygame or what name it's under, that'd help a lot! 

4 years ago

Some more information on the characters that I can remember:

One: The story is seen through the eyes of One, who's the first and strongest Magi compared to his fellow teammates. Graduated top of his class and excels in combat. His element is Fire.

Two: A quiet character that's very quick and intelligent. He uses a thunder or lightning element. If you end up never helping him during the ambush, he's found with half his body torn apart propped against a tree. There's a dead wight or whatever in front of him, the ground around it charred.

Three: Your rival during the story though you don't interact with him much (given the story was unfinished). He's the only one that holds his own during the ambush and most likely survives without needing your help.

Four: Soft-spoken and the only female character of the group. She is One's closest friend, and is skilled in healing magic. If you find her after the ambush, she's laying dead with a wight near her. The wight has torn off her hand and is sowing it onto his own to enhance his own abilities. You murder him dead.

If I could get any help on finding the author's name that'd be awesome! Used to go to school with him and we worked on a couple of projects together.

4 years ago

I like to use the google 'site:chooseyourstory.com word' search feature. However, numbers as names means I can't really use them, and then Legends is too common a name, and elements aren't all that unique either.

Here is one I did find, Becoming Legend: Third Motivational Thread. (Mizal beat me to it).

It is no longer on sneak preview, and the author is MIA. Further, from my skimming, characters seem to have names, there are wraiths but no mention of wights, and your character can cast lightning, also, I feel illustrations would have been remembered...along with the combat system. Still sharing it because memory is a fickle thing, but without being able to read it, I guess it is a bit pointless.

Trying to search for a charred wight isn't bringing anything up, so I'm going to assume that wasn't the word used...although if the story is no longer published, maybe google won't find it, so I should be using the way back machine or something. (Alternatively, it is very likely that I'm just searching incorrectly, but let's not worry about that).

This is why memorable prose is important, it'll help people find your work years later!

4 years ago
A search for "Legend" pulls up all kinds of stuff, most of it unfinished. But you don't mean the_quiller, do you? He had a demo of a story called Becoming Legend...I don't remember anything about the plot, what I saw was more of a tech demo. But he was an artist who joined the same year you did, so maybe?

4 years ago

That is absolutely the gent! I totally forgot his name and only remembered that he made a storygame here. 

Didn't think I'd find him so quickly. Thanks for working your magic and helping me out.

4 years ago

Quiller sucked.

4 years ago

I really liked the world that he set up around Becoming Legend. He was planning to make the webcomic since his roots were in drawing but I think somewhere along the way Grad school killed him.

Prolific as always, Endmaster. I really enjoyed finally being able to read Rogues.

4 years ago

What was up with Quiller? I only ever saw him that one time he ran a story contest.

4 years ago

Quiller was a weeb artist who tried to gain popularity by drawing free pictures for everyone. He was also close to Pedo Mod Kiel and Melissa was apparently in love with the dude, which given the pair of those degenerates liking him so much already drops him a few points.

At the time he was around, a lot of people were buying into the hype of some story he was working on. Of course like most major projects with a lot of promises, it never came close to getting completed and he just fucked off somewhere.

Personally, never saw the big deal with him and always thought he was overrated.