Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Contest SHAME 10: Silent Night SHAMING night

5 years ago

While normally my contests are an easy way of getting yourself out of the SHAME pit and easy points with no risks, I figured it would be a nice surprise to throw people in the SHAME pit if they failed to turn something in anyway. Really not good for Karstark since he got himself twice SHAMED. And Ficsean unfortunately did the equivalent of knowingly playing near ground zero two minutes before the nuke was going to hit. What the hell was he thinking?! Lol.

And Wibbons, while you got the extension to save your foolish point bet, you’re still SHAMED for not getting in before the original deadline. Which puts you in the interesting position of potentially still winning this contest and getting SHAMED at the same time. (Probably won’t though)

Blame yourselves for your sloth.

PIT OF SHAME

AllenKudzu

Author4

awesomeness12

AzBaz

Bannerlord

betaband

Bilbo

bjhovey

Blazewhisker

BlueThread

Cat2002116

Chanbot (Ford)

Claw2k11

Comply

curtain64

DiniTheWizard

Doodled

DungeonLord

Everwriter

Ficsean_Chef

frank2

ISentinelPenguinI

JeffreyJabs

jep49

Journeyman

jster02

Kwism1127

Lallafa

Lancelot

lunamoonia1

NekoCat

p1_tjc

Providence

QingBo

RainGem

Raki

Rathalon1213

RedComm

resistor

Romulus

RoyalGhost_007

Samyers0616

Seto

ShowMeTheCode

SixtySnakes

SkullyZombies

Slasher

SpartacustheGreat (coins)

stargazer

Thotfodder

ugilick

unturned

WouldntItBeNice

XNeoBurritoX

TWICE SHAMED

BenCrucifix

Flamenod

insanebutvain

lordkarstark

MasonJarGuzzi

MinnieKing

Mr.Mustachio

Plelb

Yellowbelly

BANNED AND SHAMED

CallMeFriend (Boringfirelion)

LADYHEAT24

Malkalack

MrAce

Negative (multiple times)

temporaryaccount

Tot

Happy Wild Hunt Day everyone! (And yes, you're all still fucking terrible.)

5 years ago
Seeing as WIBN also told you to ban him if he failed he is still really getting off lightly here, although he did definitely have things beyond his control as a factor.

5 years ago

That reminds me, have to take away 5 points from Ogre for betting on Ford.

5 years ago
Actually this reminds me that I guess a few of us lost points with the last contest when he managed to publish a single game that met minimum standards.

Anyway aside from this Wibn situation I don't have anything to say about the rest of the SHAMED this time. I mean they all full me with disgust as usual except that Ficsean basically just ran up and threw himself in and I didn't expect anything of anyone who didn't manage an entry anyhow.

e: you should take an additional 45 from Ogre just for making such a weak bet. 5 points? What does he think this is, a pre-2007 points economy?

5 years ago

Oh no... I know I wasn't able to procure a story submission, but this is brutal!

Can someone tell me what this Shame Pit is for? Also, why is my name bolded in the list?

5 years ago

The SHAME pit is just a constant reminder of your great failure of following through with a contest. It's generally very bad to do this three times in a row.

Bolded means you just recently got thrown in so people can easily see who's new.

5 years ago
Praise End Master and all of his dark mercy upon this tried and downtrodden soul! Well, I wasn't planning on doing any contests in 2019. I guess there'll be one more for me to do now.