Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Open-World

5 years ago

Would anybody be open to the idea of an open-world story-game? Ik it would be hard to pull off but it’s an idea I’m interested in. I would have to get a lot better at variables and stuff but I think it would be worth it.

Open-World

5 years ago
Co-authoring requests almost never go anywhere, everybody is pretty focused on their own projects and there are a lot of reasons not to start a project with a random newbie.

What you're talking about also would be massive in scale and need a huge amount of planning and scripting. I'd highly recommend getting a better grasp on the editor and your strengths and limitations as an author with a small project first before letting your imagination run away with you on something like this.

Open-World

5 years ago
... unless you're talking about an open-world concept where the world is defined, perhaps by a group of authors, perhaps by one, and then others use the world. So the world is defined, for example, like Middle Earth, but then different authors write different stories in that world that have nothing to do with one another, but are simply based in the same world.

Open-World

5 years ago
I assumed he was talking about IF style map navigation, or at least a hub system.

Open-World

5 years ago

Na I was just asking if the idea would succeed on this platform, I wasn’t asking for a co-author. I mean I might, but I have to get the skills and some stories under my belt. Thanks for the advice.

Open-World

5 years ago
Any idea can be made to work, it really just depends on what you do with it and how entertaining the actual writing is.

Can you clarify what you mean by open world though?