Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Opposite of sausage fest?

4 years ago
Hey so what would be the term for this?

Also does anyone else share my instinctual writerly feelings that male characters are just an afterthought and really aren't needed except to fill generic set piece roles? Like, nameless guards are always male, obviously. And hey sometimes they even get speaking parts!

With the vampire hunter intro thing I put in the HELL thread I had to change the main character and his roommate to be guys just because I thought I should. There are more characters in that setting I didn't introduce who would otherwise continue the....clam festival to ridiculous degree.

Not trying to say anything against men of course....just not sure you guys need to exist.

4 years ago

Taco Fest

4 years ago
Does it have to be a festival though? What if they just want to sit around and talk about their feelings?

4 years ago

Taco gathering?

Tuna meet?

4 years ago
It's just Improbably Female Cast on TV-Tropes. Taco Fest is good.
I can't say I feel the same way. If anything, I default to male main characters.

4 years ago
Well that just means you're a closeted tranny.

4 years ago
Better than a closeted lesbian.

4 years ago
Yes, the numerous comments you've made about finding women hot while 'jokingly' referring to having a dick would indeed mean you would be considered technically still straight
by many even after coming out as a Kiel.

Not that I would suggest so easily casting aside those coveted daughter privileges of course.

4 years ago

Uhhhhhh

Crickets just have genital duct things, and

"Cricket's a platinum ace. Any interest she shows in sex of any kind is strictly for ironic purposes, so its okay"

4 years ago
You have that quote printed on business cards with gold foil edging, don't you.

4 years ago
Not yet, but they'll be arriving in 5-7 business days.

4 years ago

Well, from a literary point of view, from the two genders writers always tend to use males for the meaningless roles. That’s because even in real life, most mundane jobs and jobs requiring physical prowess tend to be done by males(there are, of course notable exceptions.)

Still, I think it’s completely based on the author. They could just as easily use female guards and make it seem like it’s not a big deal via their writing. In the end, the author holds the reins, but they mostly always tend to steer towards something resembling real life; which in turn leads to the mindset of giving males mundane stuff.

4 years ago

In this novel series by Bella Forrest, The Gender Game, there are two nations - Patrus, a patriarchy, and Matrus, a Matriarchy. It actually - if unintentionally - represents that question quite well - and despite the title, it is not some shitty SJW rant in book form. Imagine the classic boys against girls but in an actual war. It is a really interesting book, I recommend checking it out.

Oh yeah, the opposite of Sausage Fest is Taco Fest.

4 years ago
Being German/Mexican, now I'm just hungry.

4 years ago
clam platter
seafood party
fish dish

4 years ago
Clam bake