Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Lost

3 years ago

So, once I finished my prologue for the book, I realized I didn't have anywhere else to go. I didn't know how to start my book properly, because I kept finding myself deleting all the things I wrote. 

Lost

3 years ago
Once you do this enough times you'll get sick of it and learn the importance of planning out your plot ahead of time. All you really need to start with is to scribble down a bit about your main characters, the setting, and then what their major goal is, what obstacles they'll face in getting there and how they overcome it. That's all the basic elements of a story right there, like the framework that you build a house on. A good main character will have a character arc, meaning the difficulties they face will make them change and learn something over the course of the story. I believe Northwind wrote you some kind of ridiculous and exhaustive text wall on this subject in one of your previous threads.

Lost

3 years ago

I believe Northwind wrote you some kind of ridiculous and exhaustive text wall on this subject in one of your previous threads.

Yep, I remember. I forgot which thread though.

Lost

3 years ago

Lost

3 years ago
That thing is article worthy