Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Hi Guys,
I am kind of drained of ideas for a storygame, does anybody have any ideas for a storygame that I could make? I would love it if someone would give me an idea and I would prefer it if the story would be appropriate for children, so that I have the ability to share it with my younger friends. I love playing stories on chooseyourstory and I would love to start making my own, but I am drained for ideas so I would love it if someone would leave a reply on this forum for a story idea that I could turn into a story. Yeah im just rambling now uh... yeah... ideas? anyone? uh... ok ill stop now

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago

Make a story about a kangaroo and a Tasmanian devil. But not just any kangaroo and Tasmanian devil. 

Alright, so your main setting should be in Australia since that's where kangaroos and Tasmanian devil live. Let's say something happened to Kangaroo. There was a deal between him and a dingo. Dingo demanded rabbits, rodents, birds, and/or lizards to eat for supper and would give Kangaroo something stylish in return. But since Kangaroo was a herbivore, he refused. Of course, Dingo got angry and told Kangaroo that if he didn't have any supper for Dingo by dawn, he would eat him. 
Kangaroo, of course, couldn't do this alone. That's why he asked the Tasmanian devil if he could help. But what if this had a twist? What if the Tasmanian wasn't Kangaroo's friend, but instead, an enemy, perhaps?
Of course, Tasmanian would be skeptical. Why would an old enemy ask him for a favor? Kangaroo then explains and Tasmanian could offer to help. Soon, throughout a journey, you will see a bond start to form between Kangaroo and Tasmanian. Kangaroo teaches Tasmanian what he knows and vice versa. 
Soon, when they spot a rabbit, it was Tasmanian's time to shine. But, this story needs some sort of conflict. What will happen if Tasmanian betrayed Kangaroo?
Maybe Tasmanian sneaks away and Kangaroo has no other choice but to get the rabbit. However, Kangaroo's style of thinking is different. He wants to find a way to make sure Dingo gets supper but also get his revenge on Tasmanian. Where does the story go beyond this point? It's now up to you.

This is just an idea, so feel free to edit out parts you want or add on parts you want.

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Thank you so much!

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Make it a fanfic, maybe add some wolves or cats.

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Thanks!

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago

I doubt you'll get many real ideas, other than maybe grapefruit, and I'm definitely not giving away any of my oh-so-valuable ideas. In any case, this advice will help you in the future.

If you really want ideas, just read a good book or watch a good movie, or hell, play one of the many storygames on this very site. Don't plagiarize, just see if there's anything particularly interesting: maybe a side plot that leaves you with questions, maybe you just really like the structure and want to write something in that style. Maybe you look the idea but not the execution (perfect opportunity in that case). If that's still not enough, just go for a walk around the block/neighborhood/pocket dimension, and just look. Look for anything and everything. Maybe you see a really beautiful sunset or tree, or some sort of scene in a public space. Maybe you just see a really interesting-looking person and decide to write about them. And if all that is still not enough, just write as much as possible about something in your room. A lamp, a textbook, and even a random cookie crumb is a viable subject. Just write something, anything. I myself have really struggled with writer's block, and these are the various ways I've dealt with it.

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Thank you!

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
A couple of us have already gotten messages like this from the kid, it's like he's a machine sent from the future for this one singular purpose.

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago

I was right, he IS trying to steal my precious ideas!

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
oooooo
mwahahahahaha
i am a machine from the future

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago

Please don't kill me. :[

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Mwahahahahahahahahahahah :/

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 1/14/2021 6:24:51 PM

Come up with your own idea. Jesus tap dancing Christ, this is the easiest part of a fucking story. I have ideas every time I take a shit. I have ideas when I go for long aimless drives because there's no where to go and nothing to do but think of fucking storygame ideas. Good lord. 

If you can't come up with your own idea, you shouldn't be writing anything; you should be turned into some kind of a beast of burden, and forced to push a giant wheel around all goddamn day. 

FUCK 

Ideas Anyone?

3 years ago
In fact, I've read some of the stories that Malk has come up with while sitting on the terlet. Usually those stories are water-based and involve some sort of floating objects or islands, quite often covered with brown... vegetation or something like that. There was one of his stories that had this vast world mostly covered with yellow water, but every time someone in the world talked, their voice echoed all over the place so everyone could hear them. Because of that, most of the people in the world actually spent most of their lives speaking either very quietly or not at all. I'm pretty sure that in one of the version of that story, based on some of the options you selected while you were reading it, of course, led you to a point where the people actually mutated over time to actually not have tongues because they simply didn't use them. The people worshipped two large moons that were visible to everyone in the world at the same time, but on a very strange time schedule. They had difficulty measuring time because those moons simply did not appear at regular intervals, though there was often precipitation following the appearance of those dual moons. And because of that lack of ability to measure time, the people really didn't understand where they had come from, or how long they had been there. And if you made certain choices during the story, you could actually destroy the entire world and everyone in the world with a massive tidal flow and whirlpool. It was quite a story, but I think the mods deleted it because it didn't have enough gay frogs in it...