Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Deadline

3 years ago

I have a storygame going, one that I'm actually excited about and one that I feel I can finish and post and not run out of ideas. I plan to have it finished in 2 weeks, so February 15. If you see this, continue to alert me to the fact that I have a storygame due February 15, everyday, every hour, or something like that.

DO IT

Sheev Palpatine

Deadline

3 years ago
You go, buddy.

Don't forget the Feb 15. No, really don't. I find it helpful if you apply some sort of penalty if you don't finish something before that time, it serves as a wake up alarm of sorts, some sort of impending doom, a feeling of dread and apprehension. Nothing like those feelings to get you writing.

...did I mention Feb 15?

Deadline

3 years ago

If I miss the deadline I will lose my 1.7 gallon of bobux.

Deadline

3 years ago
If you miss the deadline I'm taking your 34 points and giving them to a useless Mexican.

Deadline

3 years ago
@Darkspawn

Deadline

3 years ago

You have a storygame due February 15. That's in 12 days!

Deadline

3 years ago
@HispanicMemes

I heard you were publishing a story on the 15th.

Deadline

3 years ago
Did you get the remind about 15?

@HispanicMemes

Deadline

3 years ago

@HispanicMemes

Only 1 week until your story is due!

Deadline

3 years ago
@HispanicMemes

How many rosaries did the priest make you do for being gay enough to write Star Wars fanfic?

Have you considered becoming Protestant, I know some of the more progressive churches are pretty lenient about these things.

Deadline

3 years ago
@HispanicMemes

Are these not getting through to you?

Better test them to make sure.

@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes
@HispanicMemes

Working yet?

Deadline

3 years ago

Working :/

Deadline

3 years ago
Excellente

Deadline

3 years ago
@HispanicMemes

Your profile indicates your may have given up, is this true? And there's no thread updates for all your fans?

Deadline

3 years ago

I haven't given up yet, I'm still working on the story right now.

Deadline

3 years ago
3 days, 3 days

@HispanicMemes

Deadline

3 years ago

@HispanicMemes

2 more days! We're holding you to this!

Deadline

3 years ago

I know, I'm trying so hard

Deadline

3 years ago

@HispanicMemes

Pinging you just in case you forgot :D

Also the deadline is fast approaching and, depending on your timezone, it may be very soon (20 hours for me).

Deadline

3 years ago
if it's due on the midnight OF the 15th, then yea... got about 25h 30min left EST.

Good luck on your project!

Deadline

3 years ago

yeah, I HAVE to publish it by the 15th, so I'm going to have to sweat so hard

Deadline

3 years ago
Don't sleep; that helps.

Deadline

3 years ago

ok, but my wifi turns off at 6:00 or something, so I have to cram

Deadline

3 years ago

Well it's like 3:00 now so you've only got a few hours left, also it's already the 15th for me

Deadline

3 years ago
How fast do you type?

Deadline

3 years ago

Not fast enough to publish my game by the 15th (thought probs by the 16th) that's right, if the game doesn't release tomorrow, it releases Tuesday, cuz I don't want to get shot and deported to heaven

Deadline

3 years ago
We aren't sleeping brother. We will press on.

Deadline

3 years ago
Valhalla awaits! Type you fool!

Deadline

3 years ago

yes my king

Deadline

3 years ago
Just fyi, wasn't me with the gun. (This time.)

Deadline

3 years ago

Can I get my points back if I publish the game by 6:00? I probs won't need until 6:00 but who knows.

Deadline

3 years ago
I was going to give you till midnight. I'd just recommend not posting anywhere else till then, you might annoy someone dangerous.

Deadline

3 years ago

HEY HEY HEY, the game is out. I just realized that it is probably bad but I pray to God that it isn't. So review it, there.

Deadline

3 years ago
REEEEEE

That's not a Star Wars game.

Looks pretty okay though, congrats. Although my standards may have been lowered by the flood of <1000 word games from children recently.

Deadline

3 years ago

Never said it was, but that one I could release in the near future as well.

Deadline

3 years ago
Nice, you actually pressed on.

Deadline

3 years ago

Also mizal can I please have my points back please?

Deadline

3 years ago

I hear begging always works.

On another note, your story wasn't bad. :)

Deadline

3 years ago

I was hoping that it was at least 4/8 material, so I can say my story is better than Fast And Furious: Crossroads.

Deadline

3 years ago

Still needs a bit more ratings until anything's official, it seems.

Deadline

3 years ago
Why did the confrontation play out differently based on whether you took a taxi or not?

The writing is pretty solid and the story is interesting, I just have some questions about how some of the choices were handled. (And places where it seemed like choices should be.) Guess I'll leave that for a review however.

This could definitely use a run through for typos later though. It's almost like you rushed it or something.

Deadline

3 years ago

Because I rushed it.

Deadline

3 years ago
BTW, I highly recomment Gower's article on dialogue punctuation, because that's something you've got tragically wrong ideas about. If you're intending to go back through and edit this at any point, let me know and I'll collect together some of the typos for you.