Escape the Room 2

Player Rating3.30/8

"#441 overall, #26 for 2005"
based on 166 ratings since 08/20/2005
played 1,774 times (finished 228)

"trek through the forest"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.
You thought you have gotten out but that was only the beginning. Now you are in a differant room, and you still have to get out. Find new clues to get out of this place.

I enjoyed this as there was actually some improvement from the first, because while this is still a bit easy to beat, it wasn't as basic as the previous one that I've played. I also felt that the use of pictures helped add a bit more to this story, keeping things from becoming too dull as I was trying to escape.

Also, another thing that I found to be improved on is the length. While not being a long game, it wasn't as short as the first and the solutions while still easy to solve, weren't too overly obvious. However, sometimes I couldn't help but feel that descriptions for things and items were a bit too basic at times, but that's only really a minor issue in terms of the overall presentation.

There was something that I found to be a bit odd. Was there really any use for the money? Because I found myself completing this storygame without the use of that item, and it seemed like everything else at least had some purpose in escaping.

Regardless of that, I felt that this was a welcome improvement from the first game in this series. So nice work in creating a fun storygame, one that's rather simple, but not without it's share of fun.
-- TharaApples on 2/28/2017 2:59:48 PM with a score of 0
Fairly solid. You might want to update some of the pages, it sounds like I'm picking up items that I already have. Also, if you try to open the door and you don't have the key - there's no link to get out of there. There should also be a basis for the code, but I'm just glad you didn't force all your readers to put in all 4 digits before you told them they got it wrong.
-- Saika on 8/1/2017 5:47:33 AM with a score of 0
This was definitely better than the first one- but only by a little. Was there a basis for the code that I missed entirely? It felt like guesswork to me.

Oh- when I went to the door without the key, there wasn't any sort of "back" or "the red kitchen" link... might want to fix that. Had to go back "manually" using the buttons at the top.

This is an improvement over the first, so I'm confident that the third will be even better. Good luck.
-- PhantomStylus on 5/31/2017 2:45:34 PM with a score of 0
Better, but still too simple.
-- MissMastertrucker on 2/28/2017 5:20:36 PM with a score of 0
Really like this concept and the fact that it's short. Looking forward to Number 3.
-- Gamer4Good on 2/2/2017 7:47:20 AM with a score of 0
The game itself isn't actually that bad. It is, however, quite short, and that is something I do not enjoy about these types of storygames. The games seem to be getting more and more detail and length, so that is another positive thing about it.
-- Tawnystar on 2/1/2017 2:08:06 PM with a score of 0
This was okay, too easy, and unless I'm missing something you just randomly guess the code. And there's really no use for the money? It would be nice if you can make this longer and harder.
-- Yuisawachelsa on 12/28/2016 1:19:38 AM with a score of 0
YAY MORE!!! Overall good game.
-- Stormfeather on 12/20/2016 7:34:51 PM with a score of 0
NO!!! Another Escape the Room! Pretty bad. At least there are pictures.
-- Mage on 11/19/2016 7:39:52 AM with a score of 0
Only slightly better than the first one.
-- BigRonn77 on 8/31/2016 11:57:01 AM with a score of 0