Escape the Room 2

Player Rating3.29/8

"#500 overall, #26 for 2005"
based on 182 ratings since 08/20/2005
played 1,966 times (finished 253)

"trek through the forest"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.
You thought you have gotten out but that was only the beginning. Now you are in a differant room, and you still have to get out. Find new clues to get out of this place.

Slightly better than the first, but not by much.

Again, I really dislike the lack of a plot but that could be overlooked if this had interesting gameplay, but it didn't have that either.

At least this time you might have needed to think a bit to see how to solve the puzzles.
However, the dead end door was an annoying problem, and so was the fact that you had to guess the code.
Putting little clues everywhere so the player had to figure out the order of the code would have been nice, but there was none of that.

And can I just reiterate that the plot was nonexistent?
You're in some room with some stuff and the door is also locked here and you need a key to unlock the door.
Okay. But why are you stuck in this place, and why did whoever that left you here leave you things to get out?

I do agree that I like the pictures, however. Kept it from being too bland like the last one.

2/8. Again, slightly better but it needed a lot of work.
-- Seto on 11/24/2017 4:52:26 PM with a score of 0
I enjoyed this as there was actually some improvement from the first, because while this is still a bit easy to beat, it wasn't as basic as the previous one that I've played. I also felt that the use of pictures helped add a bit more to this story, keeping things from becoming too dull as I was trying to escape.

Also, another thing that I found to be improved on is the length. While not being a long game, it wasn't as short as the first and the solutions while still easy to solve, weren't too overly obvious. However, sometimes I couldn't help but feel that descriptions for things and items were a bit too basic at times, but that's only really a minor issue in terms of the overall presentation.

There was something that I found to be a bit odd. Was there really any use for the money? Because I found myself completing this storygame without the use of that item, and it seemed like everything else at least had some purpose in escaping.

Regardless of that, I felt that this was a welcome improvement from the first game in this series. So nice work in creating a fun storygame, one that's rather simple, but not without it's share of fun.
-- TharaApples on 2/28/2017 2:59:48 PM with a score of 0
Um... This game was poorly executed, and also seemed as if there was no storyline. Please spend more time on your storygames.
-- hbroc3 on 5/29/2018 7:36:33 PM with a score of 0
ahhhhhh it was not good make it better and i did not like ur confidence with it beacause it sucks and you know it and you are conceited whatever that means
-- i am bored on 3/16/2018 10:44:38 AM with a score of 0
Just a few gameplay problems I experienced:
1. If you go to the Door without the gold key you’re stuck without an option to exit to the Red Kitchen.
2. I believe I checked all my options and I don’t see where there was a hint at the safe code. I used trial and error to get it, but did I miss something?

FYI - I was playing this in Chrome on an iPad (not sure if it’s just my browser that caused issues).
-- Nate on 3/3/2018 8:24:42 PM with a score of 0
Better than the other as far as length and detail, but still a short game. I like that you have to guess the code, but if you get one number wrong you have to type it in all over agian. I like that a bad ending was added, where you can't escape.
-- BunnyCatMouse99100 on 1/23/2018 12:00:40 PM with a score of 0
Similar to the first adventure.

4/8
-- Neptune on 1/11/2018 7:10:50 PM with a score of 0
Fairly solid. You might want to update some of the pages, it sounds like I'm picking up items that I already have. Also, if you try to open the door and you don't have the key - there's no link to get out of there. There should also be a basis for the code, but I'm just glad you didn't force all your readers to put in all 4 digits before you told them they got it wrong.
-- Saika on 8/1/2017 5:47:33 AM with a score of 0
This was definitely better than the first one- but only by a little. Was there a basis for the code that I missed entirely? It felt like guesswork to me.

Oh- when I went to the door without the key, there wasn't any sort of "back" or "the red kitchen" link... might want to fix that. Had to go back "manually" using the buttons at the top.

This is an improvement over the first, so I'm confident that the third will be even better. Good luck.
-- PhantomStylus on 5/31/2017 2:45:34 PM with a score of 0
Better, but still too simple.
-- MissMastertrucker on 2/28/2017 5:20:36 PM with a score of 0