Facts About the Planet and the Solar System

a Edutainment by mizal

Commended by BerkaZerka on 9/21/2019 9:04:00 AM

Player Rating4.99/8

"#289 overall, #25 for 2017"
based on 61 ratings since 10/23/2017
played 357 times (finished 60)

"no possible way to lose"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.
A compilation of some little known facts about the solar system, as well as the debunking of a few myths.

In addition to the scientific explanations, there's a small story dramatizing it all.

Hopefully young readers will find this fun as well as educational. :)

(Might not be the greatest story ever written, but consider this: it got me 200 points.)

Let me start off by saying that I love this. I love the state my brain is now in. I have been awakened into my new form by this game. This game has truly enlightened me. I was a only a dumb child before this game. In many regards I still am, but now I KNOW. I know the things. There is so much brillance here I can't fathom it all. It makes me weep with joy now that I know I have been freed. Mizal, just know that you have truly inspired change in me. Because of this story I will wash off all fruit before eating it. I will stop eating while sitting on the floor. And most importantly I will stop posting pics of my food on the discord.

As a turtle myself I'm amazed at the history of my people. To think that we could be responsible for this much is mind boggling. I can not comprehend this anymore. To think for all this time I've been LIED too! Thank you once more for helping me escape the shackles of ignorance and enter the green robes of knowledge. I also like the definitions. It helped me understand the text a lot better. If not for them I wouldn't have learned the word "debunked".

I will show this to all my friends. They WILL believe. If they don't I swear I will kidnap them, and torture them until they do. They WILL know of god. It is for their own good! I will be like those people in bird box tearing off blindfolds, but instead putting random people in my basement. They have to know. THEY HAVE TO. They must know of the sacrifices Turtle Mother went through to keep us safe.

Look Im a ormal uy. I hep them SEE. THey WELL C. I gOt to go hid. Mom trying to force me pills. I no want pills. I SEEEEE.
-- MicroPen on 4/5/2020 3:03:33 AM with a score of 0
When I started reading this story, I expected to be startled by a few regurgitated (but hopefully interesting and thought-provoking) scientific facts. What I received was far, far better. For I have now been enlightened regarding the nature of FAKE SCIENCE and our all-knowing Turtle Mother -- blessed be her name.

I liked your use of page backgrounds. The definitions included throughout the narrative for young readers was also a nice touch. My favourite part was probably the ending: it re-emphasized the satirical nature of your tale, and the importance of critical thinking and humility. Your initial emphasis during the first few pages on not believing everything you are taught in school made me think this game was going to focus on common misconceptions believed about the Universe. Instead, I was given a powerful lesson on critical thinking that aimed to show the reader why they should use their brains, rather than simply telling them. It was a very creative premise, and I recommend this to all readers, young and old.

I didn’t notice any spelling or grammatical errors. For a short piece of work, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me laugh a few times. 6/8.
-- Reader82 on 12/21/2019 5:21:06 AM with a score of 0
The description is quite accurate. These are little-known facts about the solar system. This game offers a hallucination about astronomy, in an almost stream-of-consciousness style.

Kind of hilarious. I started out with a skeptical expression on my face, which quickly grew into laughter, and then a few replays to see how outrageous I could make these lessons. I think the biggest thing I learned from this game is something I can use as a teacher: try to say the most ridiculous thing I can with as straight a face as I can and see who notices first.

This game is best played immediately after reading fifty other much worse edutainment games so that you get what it is satirizing--even the tone of the narrator satirizes the sound of some of the (unintentionally) hilarious edutainment games that are hovering down in the 2's and 3's of this category.

-- Gower on 9/7/2019 7:53:09 AM with a score of 0
Interesting
-- ArtsyGirl38 on 1/28/2020 1:08:58 PM with a score of 0
I can’t believe I was ignorant for so long. Thank you mizal, for helping to remove me from my blind following of FAKE SCIENCE, and for teaching me about Mother Turtle and the true universe.
-- C6H8O6 on 1/9/2020 2:39:30 PM with a score of 0
I'm not sure what that was but it was good, I think.
-- etrow5 on 7/28/2019 11:11:17 PM with a score of 0
Too sweet. Really nice story. Thanks for writing this story.
-- PaulaAnneMason on 11/11/2018 1:27:37 AM with a score of 0
Wow. That was NOT what I was expecting. Down to business, I thought this story was highly entertaining, and humorous. At first, I wasn't sure whether or not you were serious about all of this, as your writing sticks with your 'facts', portraying them as 'REAL' science. After a little bit, however, I realized you were more than likely bored and came up with something off the top of your head, then made a story about it.

Now, I've never heard anything about these 'World Turtles', so I'm unsure as to whether or not that's an actual conspiracy, but if not, then I can imagine a lot of people discovering this and making a cult following out of this. It'll be the next big religion. I can see that you put some thought into this, as it's not ambiguous, concluding there are some interesting, er... points you bring up. What I'm trying to say is; you got your point acrossed, and I could clearly understand what you were saying in each page.

Now, if I'm right, this is your fourth Storygame, and I honestly love your writing. It's filled with subtle sarcasm, and the writing's better than most. I'm eager to see what else you cook up.

6/8
-- Comic on 12/1/2017 12:15:10 PM with a score of 0
I learned more about the planet and our solar system then what I learned when I was a little, innocent child.
-- DiniTheWizard on 11/9/2017 7:40:23 PM with a score of 0
Thank you for giving me a true understanding of the world and what it really is. You were right I didn't learn any of this in school, likely due to the governments evil conspiracy to end the world.
-- ZealousPotato on 10/23/2017 11:17:40 AM with a score of 0