How To Play A Game

Player Rating5.40/8

"#105 overall, #6 for 2001"
based on 420 ratings since 12/14/2004
played 2,059 times (finished 470)

"walk in the park"

"Make sure not to blink"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

Tags

Humor
This is the How-To-Play-A-Game Game. It's a must-play for every first time MyAdventureGame.com player!

What your reading right now is the Game Description. This isn't actually part of the game, but describes what the game is like.

If you look above the this text, you'll see two folder tabs. Clicking on Player Comments will show you all the comments people have made about the game. Go ahead and take a look at the comments!

Also, below this text you will see, in small type, "Maturity Level: 1 - appropriate for all ages." The Maturity Level varies in each game and can go from 1 to 8. We'll talk about this more once you play the game.

And talking about playing the game ... to play the game (or any game) from this window, go ahead and click on the big button that says "Play This Game!"

Clicking on Choose Another Game will take you to the Select-A-Game window.

Click "Play This Game!" to begin!

nice
-- BananaBoy on 11/13/2017 6:01:32 PM with a score of 0
Good tutorial!
I'm wanted some more tips and pages because this tutorial was short.
But if we not talking about it...
It's perfect!
-- Gilad on 11/3/2017 4:20:01 PM with a score of 0
It's a little outdated, but it's helpful!
-- LeoCaesar on 9/10/2017 5:50:37 PM with a score of 0
This is by far the most incredible story I've seen so far. For the first time in all my 40 years as a renowned CYOA critic, a career that's rightfully led to my nickname in the business- "The Cynical Bastard"- I have no criticism to give. As for my praise, well...

The setting was perfect, picking sophisticated elements from a wide variety of genres to be all inclusive for all readers and obviously represent the value of multifaceted society. I personally was thrilled to find aspects of Fantasy and, among my all time favourites, hints of Taiwanese history and non-fictional cooking recipes. How such a diverse range of intrinsically vital commentary on human life has been covered in an impressive 943 words, I have no idea.

The characters were all excellently fleshed out and really made this story for me. Each and every one felt like a real person, leaping to life with their very actions without having to even say a word, testimonious to your unadulterated familiarity with anthropology. Not only did I form a profoundly close attachment to the toaster, but the French baker was the perfect metaphor for the excessive consumerist society we live in. Bravo.

Moving on from the characters, development of the latter was undeniably rife throughout the whole thing, punctuating each choice the reader makes to emphasise the importance of choice, a quintessential foundation of the CYOA genre, and beautifully painting the whole story in flecks of stark realism amid the fundamentally surreal je ne sais quoi perspective it begins with.

Furthermore, the plot had me on the edge of my seat and kept me entertained for hours as I desperately searched for every possible route, paling the comparatively petty works of modern raconteurs in its complex, yet easily followed, nuances. Truly, this story speaks of both a masterful grasp on the English lexicon and a thorough comprehension of how to tell a tale that really touches on every aspect of modern human condition, culture, politics, philanthropy, sociological constructions, and philosophy. I was stunned.

Simply... astounding.
5/8
-- AzBaz on 7/1/2017 12:48:21 PM with a score of 0
I don't know the site have a tutorial, like this! :D
-- dorian07 on 6/23/2017 9:05:40 AM with a score of 0
This was very helpful, thanks!
-- koolkat2023 on 12/21/2016 1:42:13 PM with a score of 0
Cool. good thing for noobs
-- Matthias on 11/10/2016 8:18:59 PM with a score of 0
Nice and fun too. Learnt a lot, adn the french baker was hilarious
-- katgirl22 on 6/26/2016 4:40:26 AM with a score of 0
Great for new players! Even helped me understand some of the more advanced games.
-- madmax on 6/12/2016 6:36:06 PM with a score of 0
This would be very helpful to Newbies. They would understand how to play a storygame. This would make it easier than just jumping straight into another storygame, like Snow. I now highly recommend this storygame for Newbies! ^_^
-- Bouquin on 6/3/2016 10:29:45 AM with a score of 0