Life as a teenager

Player Rating3.35/8

"#710 overall, #92 for 2013"
based on 226 ratings since 12/12/2013
played 3,244 times (finished 214)

"run through the jungle"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

This is an educational game about teenagers dealing with common issues.

Navigate your way through these issues and try to live a happy adolescence.

Well the first page doesn’t really set the expectations high. I’m not sure why it sucks to be me, but apparently it does. That might be more effective if reasons were given there as part of the story. The story could show things that have happened, perhaps; or could even show the things as they happen so I feel like it sucks to be me instead of simply being told it completely out of character and out of the flow of the story. In fact, I think you really could leave out all the parenthetical phrases throughout the entire story and that would actually improve the story.

I am glad there are at least choices in the story that appear to have an effect on the story: that’s a key to a good cyoa story. The pictures were a nice addition to the story in some places. It was an okay story based on a reasonable idea. It was a little preachy, but I guess that was the point of the story. I’m not sure one hit on a joint when you’re drunk will ensure that you’re a life-long drug addict in jail, but whatever, it’s your story.

Overall this was a nice attempt at a story with good branching and reasonable writing. I think it could be a bit improved with some more detailed writing and additional descriptions. Thank you for sharing the story with the site.
-- Ogre11 on 7/9/2018 12:15:46 PM with a score of 0
I'm honestly a bit concerned that you needed the help of three co-authors or write something so short and small.

First off, we did have some branching here. Definitely not a lot, but there was some, so I guess that part was alright. However, the branching that there was felt a bit lazy, as if you put a lot of effort into one path and then decided to rush the others so you could publish as soon as possible.

I guess it's a simple little story about being a teenager, but a lot of choices were completely illogical, and your character was able to have multiple split personalities through the story. If you can muster the courage to make fun of your friend for being retarded, with tons of people watching, how did this character even get friends in the first place?

The grammar wasn't as good as it should have been. Short stories like this generally shouldn't have many grammar mistakes since they're so easy to proofread.

Most of the endings were completely random and illogical.

And, also, to be honest i'm a bit confused about the story in general. It was incredibly linear and confusing.

I feel like i'm being very generous giving this a 2/8.
-- MinnieKing on 5/12/2017 4:25:46 PM with a score of 0
This story was the definition of Dog Shit. I mean, I hated this story for no other reason besides how terribly bad it was. It's just so wrong and unreasonable that it physically triggers me. I'm a fucking teenager, and this is definitely not how life goes okay.
I mean, let's start with the central issue lack of a plot actually let me rewrite that. Lack of anything like where and what and why did your best friend gets diagnosed with anorexia. Just randomly out of the blue, shes diagnosed with why whats her backstory. You could have turned this into a decent story if you had tried to build a plot, but you didn’t. You do realize that you don’t get sent to mental hospitals if you have anorexia. Anorexia is an eating disorder, which means yes, you get help from people, BUT NOT IN A FUCKING MENTAL HOSPITAL. This story actually triggers me a whole lot. Don’t make a story if you have no clue what your writing about. Anorexia is an eating disorder that effects eating mental hospitals are for criminals who claimed mental illness and have gotten away with it. There is no reason for your friend to be in a hospital for having a widespread eating disorder. Next thing with your story just being incorrect; what does handling a medical emergency calmly have to do with your social skills like how. I mean, I get you saved someone's life, but that has absolutely nothing to do with someone's social skills.
Overall, the information in this story is incorrect and shameful.
Grammar was surprisingly decent. I per se didn’t find anything, but then again, I am no Gower, and I don’t notice every little detail wrong with your grammar. Surprisingly, for a story with these bad reviews, nothing was terrible with grammar. The plot was difficult to find. You could almost take it as a parallel plot structure, but your friend having anorexia and that one person having a seizure or something have nothing to do with each other.

I really did HATE this game.
-- Davefaster on 10/13/2019 11:32:14 PM with a score of 0
It was a little weird, my friend died and then it just ended? Not very interesting.
-- StupidManatee on 7/21/2019 5:45:16 PM with a score of 0
Pros

- The writing was alright. Gave just enough detail so I knew what was going on, but left my mind to fill in the gaps

Cons

- Some grammatical issues
- Bare bones descriptions

Summary

It's uninspired, light on content, and teetering on boring. However, it's short enough that I don't care. 3/8
-- Master_of_All4 on 9/29/2018 3:13:30 PM with a score of 0
Hello! I like your story although it is kind of short and it doesn't have much of a plot. On the other hand, I know you worked really hard and over all I liked it!
-- thewingsofruexx on 8/11/2018 7:03:55 PM with a score of 0
It was too short...also, this wasn't really the normal life as a teenager
-- abchiaramonte on 7/24/2018 7:43:40 AM with a score of 0
I got the best ending and it was actually very fun. 8/8
-- HappyPaws on 5/21/2018 7:29:55 PM with a score of 0
super lame
-- Jakethebro on 2/21/2018 4:58:24 PM with a score of 0
I really liked this game. Including where I had to choose whether to help Christie escape or not. Whatever you do, don't help her escape, she needs medical help. Anorexia can kill.
-- Dr. Pigenstein on 7/18/2017 12:26:56 PM with a score of 0