Long Way From Home

Player Rating4.47/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 68 ratings since 01/27/2017
played 118 times (finished 14)

"mosie through a minefield"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

Tags

Puzzle

You're a long way from home. Will you be able to earn your way back?

Score = How much gold you have in the end.

Pretty good.

This was definitely something that was more game oriented, but the actual game aspects weren't bad, and the goal and premise are simple enough to tie into everything. There's really not much flaws to be found here unless I point out how my fingers did get a bit tired with all of the clicking that this game makes you do, but besides that nitpick of mine it wasn't bad at all.

I think this game did well in showcasing that simplicity isn't something that's always bad, because while this game is simple, it does a good enough job on being fun.

In short, this is a game that I wouldn't mind returning to play on more than one occasion. This was a fun little time waster and not something I would have issue with recommending for others to play.

Good work! :)
-- TharaApples on 6/8/2017 11:36:24 PM with a score of 500
Hey everyone, I'm the person who told mnelssx about the glitche where you can't leave a comment and rating so you're welcome! Alright, I believe this is an amazing story. No grammar mistakes is a huge plus because I'm a grammar Nazi. Although it was short it doesn't bring down the quality of the story.

It is a game of luck and I bet some of the more experienced couldn't even pull of the game in the story. The game is basically you bet some or all of your starting gold and try to get enough money (400 gold) to ride on the train back home. If you can't get this money you will try to sneak onto the train, but the gaurds catch you and throw you in jail.

I really think this is good, but it needs more games. My final verdict for Long Way Home is a 6/8.
-- 11302 on 7/11/2014 11:34:53 AM with a score of 0
Glad you got the issue with leaving comments sorted out. I don't understand scripts or variables or whatever at ALL so I'm always super impressed when people can pull this kind of thing off with the editor, and I played quite a bit last night because it's a fun little game in its own right.

One bug I did notice was that if you wind up at a draw (or maybe just if you wind up at a draw with the last of your money tied up in the game) you don't get a link to continue or end the game or anything, you're just stuck there.

And I sort of felt that after the huge page of text you get when you lose (5 years in prison for trying to sneak onto a train without a ticket? Hmm, harsh but fair...) the actual winning screen was a little underwhelming.
-- mizal on 7/11/2014 11:23:58 AM with a score of 0
Woot woot I got the most money you could get.
-- CeruleanFlare on 12/17/2016 6:25:09 PM with a score of 550
Simple game, wish there was more to it.
-- BigRonn77 on 12/1/2016 11:38:59 AM with a score of 450
Nice little card game.
-- RewriteN on 8/28/2016 10:28:19 PM with a score of 400
i gambled and bet 200 gold on the first game. then won. yay.
-- thebigE on 7/6/2016 5:45:23 PM with a score of 400
I really liked this game. I had fun playing. Will definitely come back and play some more sometime. Have you ever thought about maybe adding a few more games and letting the reader choose which game to play?

Anyways, I really liked this either way. :)
-- breezy134 on 3/31/2016 11:02:18 PM with a score of 550
Wait a minute, I was rotting away in a cell somewhere?!?!?!?
-- CurseOfTime on 2/29/2016 6:46:17 PM with a score of 400
Nice game, I love card games.
-- Shinobi on 11/12/2015 4:13:43 PM with a score of 0