Surviving the Trip Home

Player Rating3.16/8

"#706 overall, #88 for 2014"
based on 73 ratings since 04/16/2014
played 551 times (finished 78)

"wandering through the desert"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

Tags

You are on your way home to visit your family for Christmas when you find out that your flight is canceled. A strange man hears about your situation and offers you a ride on his plane. You accept and get on the plane. That is when everything goes wrong.

Well... it's something.

Like Saika pointed out, there are probably more one link pages then pages with actual choices on them in this storygame, which is a major flaw because it makes this much more of a plain story, rather then a choose-your-own-adventure-story.

It did seem rather illogical and just plain silly at some points. Some things didn't make much sense, maybe it was from the rather linear writing, or maybe it was the unrealistic situations.

Character development wasn't exactly a big part of this storygame, I would have rated this higher if you'd fleshed out the characters better. At the moment, I don't feel any emotion or sympathy for them.

Detail could have been better, but you did have some, so it wasn't all bad in that category.

I'll give this a 3/8, improve it please.
-- MinnieKing on 3/26/2017 3:30:29 PM with a score of 0
At the beginning, there are too many one-link pages, and the plot doesn't really make sense.
-- abchiaramonte on 7/24/2018 7:59:58 AM with a score of 0
Died fairly quickly. Still good, though.
-- Maiq_The_Liar on 2/28/2018 9:23:42 AM with a score of 0
Heck yeah
-- Jakethebro on 1/31/2018 6:46:23 PM with a score of 0
That's boring:S
-- Azuan on 6/6/2017 12:19:26 AM with a score of 0
So many one-link pages. So many.
Aside from that, it did keep me reading and the use of pictures added to it was a nice boost.
-- Saika on 3/23/2017 6:01:14 AM with a score of 0
nice
-- Voltage on 12/12/2016 8:26:42 PM with a score of 0
I read this because I wrote a story that started similarly. Way too much telling rather than showing and dreaming every single night about your family...so stickily sentimental. Sure, this is realistic, but so is pooping...and I won't want to read about that (well, except in that one spider game on here). Also, not enough choices in the beginning.
-- MsGwinn on 11/12/2016 4:47:17 PM with a score of 0
It was a really good story I had a very fun time taking it, and I'm surprised that I made it home safely on my first try.
-- CresentRose204 on 8/16/2016 1:06:46 PM with a score of 0
The beginning was totally unbelievable, it would have helped the story if you had begun by setting the story as a crash landing in the first place, and cut out the first few scenes where you had no choice of where the story was going to go anyways.
-- Battalion on 6/13/2016 1:16:41 PM with a score of 0