The Hound of the Timkervilles

Player Rating2.60/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 40 ratings since 12/17/2017
played 170 times (finished 42)

"walk in the park"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"choking hazard for children under 4"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 6. To compare to the movie rating system, this would be G.

Tags

When you and your mom get back from yoga, Mabel doesn't greet you at the top of the stairs. You call her name, but she doesn't come. You search the house, but she isn't there. You search the yard and the neighbors' yard, but still no sign of the Mabes. Tim is golfing, so you call him to see if he knows where Mabel is. He doesn't. Jon David is at work and he doesn't know where Mabel is either.

As you prepare to call the police to file a missing persons report, thunder beings to rumble. You know Mabel is frightened of thunder and that the police won't start a search until after the storm clears out, so you decide that this is not a job for the police. Mabel needs you and Mabel needs you now! You grab a coat, head out the door, and begin your search.

beautiful, made me cry
-- llllll on 11/29/2019 3:03:37 PM with a score of 0
Okay, my three stories are fairly linear (1st one only had 4 possible plot/ending combinations; 2nd had several ways to get to only two endings; third had several ways to get to only three endings), but this makes even me look like a branching story genius. I mean, I'm trying not to be too harsh, but why have options if you're just going to keep telling us we made the wrong choice? Just write a story instead of a CYOA.
-- Fluxion on 6/9/2018 7:34:28 AM with a score of 0
If you're going to throw choices in make them actual choices, not force people to choose something then say "good choice".
This is chooseyourstory not forceyourstory.
-- corgi213 on 2/5/2018 5:35:29 PM with a score of 0
"You sigh, relieved to have found your doggy and glad she is growing into such a mature, independent young woman. You turn and continue walking to your house. "

I honestly don't know how to add a constructive comment after reading this... so the doggy mutated into a human woman? @@
-- TestingJest on 1/6/2018 2:05:07 AM with a score of 0
Really well written and enjoyable
-- JH on 12/29/2017 7:13:19 PM with a score of 0
Haha, this was entertaining. I loved it, but sometimes the pages could lack description. Nicely done!
-- DiniTheWizard on 12/18/2017 9:17:37 PM with a score of 0
Linear storyline, not enough choices (i.e. virtually none, I think) to be considered a real CYOA. Average writing.
-- llImperatorll on 12/18/2017 5:27:46 PM with a score of 0
I'd say the writing itself is above average and hi may have done the impossible here and made a 'lol random' plot actually amusing, but this is incredibly linear and tonally just so strange.

You didn't have any tags on it, but I was reading it as some sort of whimsical children's thing what with the talking pigeons and all, right up until the moat full of syringes and AIDS out of nowhere. It's disappointing too that every one of the choices amount to 'no, that's wrong' and funnel you right back to the single correct path. The eagle/hawk 'choices' in the very beginning are the most glaring examples of what's to come.

This was entertaining enough for what it was though and I definitely think you have the skill to write something more substantial if you choose to, so looking forward to any further work from you.
-- mizal on 12/17/2017 7:25:59 PM with a score of 0