Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

[Answered] Embed Sound in Story?

13 years ago

I was wondering if we could get short clips for our stories, whether from sound effects to 1 minute music clips. It could prove invaluable in certain aspects of our respective stories. Of course, you can replace restrictions as to how many clips you can place in total, or per story.

13 years ago
If videos like in Locked Out can be embedded into the story, I think it's likely that one can put music in, am I wrong?

13 years ago
You can. i just tested it, and it worked. All you have to do is put the following in the text of the page: (of course, changing the site address to where it actually is) Now, what a cool feature would be is to implement sound hosting. So that you wouldn't have to find a website where the song is, or have to find somewhere to host it.

13 years ago
I really need to start getting in the habit of using the break code when including html stuff in my posts. They look all ugly all smooshed together like that.

13 years ago
Did that start playing all on it's own?

13 years ago

Thanks Zikara. I just hope no one will kill me for stocking up valuable space with audio junk since I am pretty sure this function will fatten any story from a few 1-20 MB to 50-80 MB even.

13 years ago
Nah. Don't worry. If it's a problem, we'll handle it, if it's not, then no worries. No one will come down on you hard for this or anything. Worst case scenario: You'll have to remove it.

13 years ago
And yea. Started playing on its own. Actually, I don't know how to get it to NOT play on its own. But it shows a bar that allows the player to stop it if they wanted.

12 years ago
When I tried this, it gave me the quicktime logo, but nothing clickable and no sound?

12 years ago
Hmm... Right. I'm on a mac. Its probably some sort of plugin issue with your browser. Did you try it with a sound file you were able to listen to elsewhere on the internet?

12 years ago
I'm on a mac too. Yes, on the site the song was actually uploaded to, you could play it.

12 years ago
Oh. Hmm... :S

12 years ago
Could you link me to where it is originally (in PM if you don't want to share with everyone)?

12 years ago
Quicktime download That's my recommendation for you to try to get this to work. Technically, I believe that there IS a way to make it work on any browser from the writers side of things, but browser incompatibilities make my head hurt, and I'd never even -try- to explain it to anyone else, because I don't understand it.