Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 7/9/2018: Well the bug wasn't fixed, but Mizal got a minor promotion.

Another link error

5 years ago

This time though, it’s just EbonVasilis Untitled short story in the Help Section at the lists: (http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4287

• Untitled, by EbonVasilis
    • Two roads diverged from one moment. An excellent short story with a time skip, and pens which can change the properties of reality.
    • Tags: Short Story, Fantasy, Dystopia, Magic.               

• Server Error in '/' Application.

Sequence contains no elements

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements] System.Linq.Enumerable.Single(IEnumerable`1 source) +306 ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Forums.MessagePage.CreateChildControls() in C:\ProgramData\InedoAgent\BuildMaster\Temp\_E67973\Src\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Forums\MessagePage.cs:66 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +109 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +58 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3624

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2634.0

Another link error

5 years ago
Hey @EbonVasilis , stop breaking the site.

Another link error

5 years ago
I wasn't even aware that list existed, I guess that was Stryker being extra bored one day before getting bored with the entire site.

e: lol holy shit he put the Azure parody story in there, even. Kinda wish I'd been informed.

Another link error

5 years ago
@Endmaster

Can you delete these threads?

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/creative-corner/message/21401

chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/21663

Another link error

5 years ago

Done.

Another link error

5 years ago
Thanks.

It kind of pisses me off, there are actual good stories buried in the CC I'd love to highlight in some way and instead we get this incredibly half assed snapshot of the one day he was interested enough to bother. Didn't ask anyone for permission either afaik.

Another link error

5 years ago
Better yet can you remove Stryker and put me in charge of the articles. I will actually update the dumb list and employ some level of quality control.

Or is this another thing we have to wait on JJJ's prophecied return for?

Another link error

5 years ago

Done.

Another link error

5 years ago
wait really

Another link error

5 years ago

I checked the article box, so I'm guessing you can do stuff with them now and it isn't like anyone else is bothering to clean them up.

Have fun.

Another link error

5 years ago
Yes I have all these options now, I feel powerful. I am the supreme ruler of the section of the site no one cares about and noobs never bother to read. It's everything I ever wanted and more.

Another link error

5 years ago

Well you'll also be pleased to know I took Stryker off the article admin (who's never around much anyway now) as a symbolic gesture that you defeated him in battle and ate his heart for power.

Another link error

5 years ago
Oh. I was only supposed to eat his heart in a symbolic way?

Anyway expect a few new articles in the storywriting section this coming week, and I'll have to look over the amateur hour stuff Will let live to see if it still holds up. I seem to recall a lot of stuff being kind of outdated.

I'm sure everyone is besides themselves with excitement at getting new articles.

Another link error

5 years ago
Hmm, looks like my first move will be deleting his year out of date list that contains broken links. No hard feelings of he ever comes back I hope.

Another link error

5 years ago
YES.

This is excellent.

But it does not bode well for my contest story's continued progress.