Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/10/2022: actual retardation

RTE improvements.

one year ago

Now I know everyone hates the fucking RTE, but I think it's convenient, and it helps me out more often than it hurts me. Anyway since it's probably here to stay I have a couple of suggestions to improve it, if it's at all possible:
1) Make Shift + Enter not auto insert a hidden <br> tag. Just have it act like a regular new line. There's too much fucking whitespace as it is.

2) Make it not auto remove any kind of html code whenever you save the page. Took me way too long to figure out why centering my image did not work, until I realized it DID work, but then as soon as I saved the page another time it reverted back to not-centered cause it removed all of the code.

3) The above but it also does it when adding newlinks, link restrictions or variable changes. It's happened a few times that I made a couple of adjustments by switching to "source" view, then I add a new page or whatever, and my shit's all fucked again.

4) Make the change to and from the RTE work without having to logout and back in.

RTE improvements.

one year ago

I'm not completely sure about this, but I don't think the RTE is controlled by the site, it's just a feature we steal from another source.

RTE improvements.

one year ago
Those problems require replacing CKE4, except for the last point, which is a valid complaint. It's not high on the list of things to do, though, and switching to/from the RTE isn't a common action.