Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

How long?

10 years ago

How long does it normally take to write a story game? I've been working on one on and off for about a year. I just want to see how long it took you guy's to finish some of your games.

How long?

10 years ago

I'm guessing it's an large game? that seems solid as far as i know (I'm 2-3 weeks and 7 out of a possible 60ish pages in =P)

How long?

10 years ago

It's getting pretty bloated from all the options, it's going to take forever, i'm trying to do at least 2 pages a day now.

How long?

10 years ago

That is a blistering pace from what I've been told

Unless you are a professional or veteran writer . . .

How long?

10 years ago

Yeah, my fingers are on fire. 

How long?

10 years ago

Yeah, much better than me, I was just staring at my next page, writer's block had me practically drooling on the desk from the lack of progress

How long?

10 years ago

That happened to me yesterday, i almost want a co-author, but i don't know if the humor will match up.

How long?

10 years ago

I might need a co-auther  =P I have brilliant Ideas, and no skill to give them justice angry (Enjoy the terrifying smiley)

How long?

10 years ago

It's possible to finish a game?

Never seems to happen with mine, I'll be on fire for a week or three and then something comes along and either makes it physically impossible to find time to write or else knocks me out of the zone some other way, and then it's a coinflip whether I'll be able to pick up where I started and continue on or now.

It just happened right now, for instance. Yesterday I was doing great and tonight I'm just too f***ing upset to write a single paragraph. :( I already know I won't have any time to myself this weekend, so that's out, but we'll see how things go tomorrow.

How long?

10 years ago

I just got out of a relationship so i have all the time i need to write! that might be a good thing, i think... hmmm 

How long?

10 years ago
What you people need to do is to plan your game before starting. Trust me, it seems boring but it helps in the long run. As for me, I finish a 30 page story in a single day so yeah...30 pages per day. 30 crap pages per day i mean.

How long?

10 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, i tend to fly by the seat of my pants when i write.

How long?

10 years ago

A lot depends on the length of a page of course. I mean, three to five hundred words or so where you forced your players to rape some girl would take a lot longer to write than half a paragraph.