Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

The manga is very violent, Brock's onix exploded, Giovanni froze magmar and smashed them into a hundred pieces, and this

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago
I actually like the manga better than the anime. At least in the manga the main character changes. I'm okay with the violence. I'm suprised you think that's violent. They banned an episode in the anime, because they used guns instead of pokemon.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Pokemon violence is BS. While there's more death and murder and general genocide in Pokemon than in any other franchise ever, (see Cracked.com's "Disturbing implications in video games that you didn't notice") There's hardly been a single drop of blood shed in the series, if a human gets a bruise, it's only because they've almost been mauled to death.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Pokemon can be violent at times, but theres no blood or gore and all deaths are just implied.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

We are talking about the manga here, mot the games or anime, just look up top! 

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Even the Manga doesn't show much blood and gore....

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

You can clearly see most of  arbok's organs

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Most?
You children these days, and your rated E for everyone content. HA

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

YOU DON'T SEE PIKACHU SPLITTING ANYTHING IN HALF, DO YOU?

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

He split ur mom

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Back in my fucking day, (Well, a little before I was capable of playing games, but still what  grew I up with) when we played a rated E game, we went to creepy-ass places, and enemies gushed little circular blood droplets when you cut them, and the main villain fucking puked that red shit up after the first round! Back in my day, we went into fucking sewers and fought mutilated blood-covered monsters with bits of their skin on the back in a horrible brown scab, with horrible teeth and gory fingertips on its many hands whilst it swam in a room made of browned, rotting skulls! Like I said, your rated E violence in pokemon is pathetic.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

I will kill your family.

I love you

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Yeah... Deadhand kinda traumatized me...

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

There's more than one Pokemon manga. Which one are you guys referring to? Admittedly, most of them do get more visually violent than their other media counterparts.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Meh, that's awfully tame.  Kinda the basis for rated M gore nowadays...

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

We're talking about Pokemon adventures, like the first one with red and green and blue and when team rocket was a threat

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Oh, I remember those. They were closer to the game, but it took some liberties to make the story better. I only asked, because there are so many. I also remembered reading a Pokemon manga that got heavily censored when it came to the US. This one was based on the anime.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Mindless animal enslavement was never so good!

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Heres something else to think about.

There are no normal animals in the Pokemon world right? That means any meat a person ever eats is a sentient thinking Pokemon. :)

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Another thing to think about: If all the normal animals are gone, this means that all the originals were likely killed into extinction as the pokemon invaded their natural habitats and used their superior powers to mercilessly slaugher them by the millions.

Either that or the pokemon are nuclear fallout versions of animals.

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Or, in the Pokemon universe, these Pokemon evolved from the originals. So, really, Pokemon is really hard core sci fi

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Pokethulu for the win!

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

w00t

Pokemon is violent

10 years ago

Imagine lawn mowers in the pokemon world

It would be confiscated by the government as a weapon of mass destruction