Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

So, I'm making this new game called Dungeon Pentadaemas. It's going to be a very long, very intricate project.

Alas, save for that lousy school project which is currently the only playable game on my profile, (Not my best work, but I got an A for it anyways, so...) I do not know how to storygame.

So my question is not "How does one storygame?" Or "Who can help me write this?"

My question is, would anyone be willing to help me to trick out my game by being able to fiddle with variables, items, and the like.

In addition, if somebody could help me with descriptive writing, that'd be nifty.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I will get back to you ASAP.

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

Variables and items really aren't hard, and you can do a lot with them without ever touching an actual script. I'd really encourage you to take the plunge and learn some things yourself. ^_^

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

Right. I just wanted to know if there was anyone who would be willing to lend me some advice on how to script specific scenarios.

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

I'd be willing to take a look and/or offer advice. ^_^

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago
I can't say I'm an absolute pro at scripting, but I can do variable changes, $itemstate stuff, $pagetext stuff, and I could probably do $dest scripts too, so I could probably help you a little bit. I still haven't really gotten the hang of doing variables in $pagetext scripts yet though. Doing variable changes with scripts is, at least for me, much easier then doing them with the variable changes button as long as your doing something simple for example: %SCORE := %SCORE + 10.

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

From what the ones I've played and am working on. Story games are like writing a story but giving the reader the choice of what the protagonist does next. After the choice you basically write the next part of the story whether it leads to a good choice, bad choice, or game over.

P1mp My Storygame

10 years ago

I'm pretty sure we all know that, but playing with scripts and variables is the fun, tricky part that may need more help :P