Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 7/8/2014: Unnecessary

Points for Join Date Anniversary

9 years ago

The title says it all. I think that we should get points for your join date anniversary. For instance, one user joined on Feb. 12th 2014. The next year when that user has already been familiar with the site and contributing to it, that user gets points for being on the site for a year. And the next year, too, continuously.

9 years ago
Birthday points are already like that, you can set your birthday to your join date if you want :P

9 years ago

I know, but birthday points are more like presents for your date of birth. Your 'joinday' is a whole different thing.

9 years ago
I don't think it's as special as a birthday, and it doesn't deserve a point bonus. When you join you get 15 points - if it does end up giving a point bonus every year, it shouldn't be 10 or 15 points - it should be 5 tops. You can get 365 - 366 daily points in a year anyways, there's no need for a bonus 5-10 points every year.

9 years ago
I set my birthday for the future, so I get hilarious messages from Cysid:

"Hey Zikara,

Looks like today is the "big day" for you, turning -6 and all. No, a negative age is not my mistake. You told me you were born in the future! "

9 years ago

Really??!?! What an amazing easter egg.

9 years ago

The fact that you can set your birthday for the future is hilarious. 

9 years ago
I know, eh? I thought it was hilarious the first time I saw it :) Great of Alex to consider that someone might try that and then instead of making it so you can't do it, making it pleasantly hilarious instead :P

9 years ago

Nah. Maybe a notification saying it's your join date, though?

9 years ago

Well that... Would be perfect, yes. Some kind of congrats notification (or maybe not).