Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

While I was thinking about humanity and other random stuff that happened to cross my mind, I started to think about how epic a storygame would be if it involved characters based off of the users on this site. Since I can't make a storygame without there being some sort of war involved, I placed it in the eighteenth century.

I see some of the PC would be someone leading a mercenary band and they will be given the option to join with one of the major factions.

I see some of the major characters being: EndMaster, Drakilian, ISentinelPenguinI, Aman, etc.

Thoughts?

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago
So many people have been there and done that and it was all just one big pile of crap. There's no plot that utilizes such diverse CYS member's style's in a way that doesn't make the game shit - so my thoughts are: No.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

There already is a CYS storygame in the eighteenth nineteenth, fifteenth, and 20th centuries coming this way. Or rather, slowly, aggravatingly dragging its half-eaten body this way.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/12142

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

We already have a bunch of CYS-based games (Kill Aman's Mustache, Invigilate, Randomly Walk series).

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago
I like how you chose the only three acceptable CYS based games as examples xD

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

Oh dear me, there are others?

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

There was that game Playa made which was funny for 3 whole hours before he unpublished it, that one really old game about Endmaster, Bo, and one other guy flame-warring with other users. But none of them that I've read actually sucked.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

Bacon Wars is still up.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

Nay, nay, Randomly Walk is just Fanfiction of the first Walking Simulator to grace this site. The third installment only included Endmaster the Pink child.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

Draki and Aman have been on their little club house for months now, they're more like lurkers at this stage.

P.S: God damnit Sentinel, it's been 6 months!

And I don't like the 18th century: It was an era when Greece wasn't doing much.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

The main problem with these games is that within 2 years nobody has any idea who or what you're referring to.

Cameos are pretty rad though.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

No they're not.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

Considering there's already games like that, I'm not too sure I'd support it. However, the title of the thread does give me another idea. Perhaps there can be a CYS Storygame. However, instead of some type of meta story involving the CYS members as characters in a story, how about a kind of tutorial game that could be used for new members of the site to help them get familiar with how things work here? I'd even suggest it could be a good goal for the Community Collaboration Project.

What do you guys think?

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago
The closes thing we'very got is a tutorial on how to play a storygame.
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/how-to-play-a-game

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago

That game tutorial's not bad. I know I would've liked to have played that the first time I played a game using items. Although, the interface was easy enough to figure out on your own. At least one storygame covers something important about the site. Glad to see a site-based tutorial storygame has been thought up before.

A CYS Storygame

9 years ago
"You respectfully disagree with your opponent, reducing his sanity by a whopping 19."