Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Change first chapter

9 years ago

How do I change what chapter the story game begins with?

Change first chapter

9 years ago

I don't think you can.

Change first chapter

9 years ago

I've been here for a little over a year, and I have fiddled with the advanced editor in numerous ways. I have yet to discover a way to change the first chapter.

Change first chapter

9 years ago

Use
$DEST := @P500

Put it on the Link Script of your First Page Links to make it go to whatever page in whatever Chapter you want (page 500 in the above example).

Change first chapter

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the first chapter, as in, you click 'Play___' and the first page of the first chapter shows up.

Change first chapter

9 years ago

I think if you switch over to global script then it might work. Maybe. 

Change first chapter

9 years ago

Thank you so much, that worked! :))))))) <3 (I'm totally a teenage girl when it comes to computer magic)

Change first chapter

9 years ago
Why would you even want to change what the first chapter of the story is?

Change first chapter

9 years ago

Because I totally screwed up at the beginning of my story by putting a thing in the wrong place and the problem has compounded because of variables and stuff, so now changing where the game starts is the only way to fix it without deleting the whole and starting from the beginning :/

Change first chapter

9 years ago
I know it sounds like you're explaining the situation, but literally all you've said here is that you messed up, which was already a given. I still have no idea WHY the problem is so bad that you need to ignore the entire first chapter.

Change first chapter

9 years ago

Because otherwise you'd be going back to the beginning of the story every time you travel back to one of the areas, an area which isn't directly connected to the beginning of the story. Either way, berkazerka helped me fix it.