Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Undertale

8 years ago

Just curious if anyone else has fallen in love with this charming game. I recently finished the genocide run. If you haven't played it, check it out! It's an indie rpg game and you can find it on steam.

Undertale

8 years ago

Again, I second this; and again, here's the game's website where a trailer and demo are available.

The game was made by a composer, so the soundtrack is equally fantastic.

Undertale

8 years ago

I know nothing about this game besides the name, and that's just because of all the hype surrounding it. Have no clue what's it all about or why people like it so much. I keep meaning to look more into it, and yet never do :/

Undertale

8 years ago

It's like Earthbound, but all the combat is bullet-hell-based and you aren't supposed to kill anything because the NPCs all have written personalities.

Undertale

8 years ago

I really recommend Undertale. There are so many little quirks and the characters are just lovable. This game also took combat in a completely different direction as well. I really commend the makers of this game for doing something so original.

Undertale

8 years ago

Not to mention the complexity of it! The actions of one play-through will lead to a different story if you reset the game. 

Undertale

8 years ago

I've gotten annoyed by it. Mainly because three girls that oftensit in the same common area in the student center often end up repeating the same lines back and forth to each other a number of times sure to induce insanity in anyone with hearing of them.

Undertale

8 years ago

Cleared it three times, and genocided all three times.  10/10 would slaughter everyone again.

Mainly because humans don't normally live with putting up with everyone's BS.  Only masochists find true joy out of being so darn passive.

Undertale

8 years ago

It's pretty good. Don't listen to the hype of it being the "best game ever" or even "best PC game ever." It's not, but it's still a damn good experience, and has a good morality system. And I love how the save mechanic is directly involved in the plot and story.

Undertale

8 years ago

Honestly, I feel like it would be a much better game if the fanbase wasn't a big vial of pure, undiluted autism. 

Undertale

8 years ago

Hey, I'm a person in its fanbase, and so are at least 2 cool people I know!...

... That does counter your point, right?

Undertale

8 years ago

Seriously, why is it suddenly socially acceptable to derogate people with autism. You could at least go after the schizophrenics or the people who can't take an even number of sips from a beverage without having a conniption fit.

Oh...wait...damn.

Undertale

8 years ago

Sorry, James. 

Undertale

8 years ago
That was a joke. I can do those.

Undertale

8 years ago

Yes. 

Undertale

8 years ago

Well...um...this is awkward now.

So...how's school and shit?

Undertale

8 years ago
I laughed. 10/10 would kek again.

Undertale

8 years ago

I am not playing this game and my current circumstances won't allow me to play it, but I saw Markiplier play it and it really got my attention. Why did he stop playing the game? It's so good.

Undertale

8 years ago

The same reasons most youtubers stop playing the game:

1. As the Grumps were so careful to note on their Steam Train playthrough, when they asked for permission, they learned that the creator is generally okay with Let's Plays, but he wants people to experience it for themselves. If you watched your favorite youtube personalities play it from beginning to end, what would be the point in playing the game and learning how it ends yourself? I mean, it's not like it really offers much in the way of gameplay. Story is the biggest thing Undertale really has going for it, so if Markiplier finished the game, that would take the experience away from thousands of people.

2. It's really fucking hard. The hardcore "Practice 60 times before filming"-level walkthrough guys die nearly five times a video on the final boss(es). Have you ever tried playing a high-level bullet hell game while doing voices and hamming it up in front of a camera? If Markiplier did 3 endgame videos of Undertale, unless he was awkwardly silent and focused the whole time, I doubt he'd have the time to make any other videos. It would be that sewer game that nearly drove him insane all over again.

Undertale

8 years ago

You mean Vanish?

Undertale

8 years ago
Dunkey did an amazing video on it. It spoils the game, but 'tis funny nonetheless.

I'm a little disappointed it didn't win any awards at the VGA but Rocket League is good I guess ¯\_('.')_/¯

Undertale

8 years ago

Rocket League has no sociopolitical agendas to stuff in your mouth, unless it's implied.

Olympics and FIFA I'm looking at you...