Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What happens when you sleep.

8 years ago

When you go to sleep you die and your soul goes to heaven or hell. Then right before you wake up a new soul enters your body with all of the same memories as the last one.

8 years ago

Or, you know, your brain simply enters another state of consciousness.

8 years ago

That's just some bullshit the illuminate wants us to believe.

8 years ago

Okay. Differences in brain activity between a sleeping person and a wake person can be observed through EEGs. What evidence do you have in the existence of a "soul", "Heaven", or "Hell"?

8 years ago

Well then explain how planes fly.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Exactly. This is how time and time again Christians have successfully proven that God exists. While athiests on the other hand never think of the small things like we do. Like how planes fly. The answer is God. The same concept applies to how the sun sets.

8 years ago

Hey uh, Turbo, did you notice that James' post was actually a link to a page explaining how planes fly?

8 years ago

No, but it did take me to a page full of lies.

8 years ago

To each man his own, I guess. I do consider myself a follower of God, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with science as well.

8 years ago

You must choose. Science or God, there can only be one!

EDIT: Yeah, I don't think I can keep up the charade any longer. I'm athiest.

8 years ago

I think they both can co-exist. I believe science is simply a way to explain and understand God's creation.

8 years ago

Bravo! Finally someone that I can understand...

8 years ago

True. Science is exploring God's creations, so yeah. In the bible God says no man can count how many stars are in the sky. Scientists agree. God said the world was round. Scientists and travelers found the New World. God said Hittites are the modern Turkey. Scientists trace the DNA and confirmed it. They work in harmony, you see?

8 years ago

There you go Mason. :)

8 years ago

Wait wait, technically you never heard God say any of that. It was technically a person who supposedly channelled him, correct?

8 years ago

There are a number of scriptures in the bible that line up with science, actually.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

8 years ago

I was just about to post something similar.

8 years ago

Well, God told him to write it. It may be from God's mouth, but as you accuse, the writing came not from him. That is true.

So, what are you saying exactly? How does any of this have to do with sleeping? And why would you post about it? How did this get into some sort of Religious fight? Tough crowd man, tough crowd.

8 years ago

I think it's more of a casual discussion more than a fight. Also I think the subject began to change right when I said, "To each man his own, I guess. I do consider myself a follower of God, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with science as well."

8 years ago

Mmmmmkay. Going to stop posting now for the night.

8 years ago

Also says bats are birds, the earth is stationary and on pillars and the blueness of the sky and you can make a tower that can reach literal heaven. Where does it say the earth is round, by the way?

8 years ago

Yeah if youre looking for scientific accuracy you wont find it in the bible, and thats cominh from a orthodox jew ha ha.

8 years ago
"simply"

8 years ago
Is there a reason all the posts I see by you are shit?

8 years ago

This guy sent me a message that said 'Sorry', then when I asked him what the hell he was talking about, he said "Sorry for the sorry message I sent you." 

8 years ago

Sorry 'bout that.

8 years ago

All of you (and i am a proud christian) need to learn some,science,yo.

8 years ago

Did I pass?

8 years ago

Duuuhhhhh....aaaaaaaiiiii! Now!

8 years ago

Yeah I ignored it. Obvious cry for attention

8 years ago

Dang, I thought I was the only one who recived a message like that. Obviously, I was wrong.

8 years ago

Or perhaps, your soul stays in your body, as you sleep. To have a strange soul exchanging processes like the one you describe would be pointless.

8 years ago

But then, what does have a "point". Is that anymore pointless than the slightly longer residing soul we think of? 

8 years ago

Maybe it isn't. But, I'm sure we could theorize and speculate the night away on this small idea.

8 years ago

Welp, I'm off to switch out  souls! Goodnight.

8 years ago

Enjoy yourself.

8 years ago

Not a fan of the idea of souls or the afterlife and such so I''m gonna go ahead and not agree with the whole "sleep is actually a soul transference process", hope that's okay.

Also, planes fly because I use my telekinesis powers to lift them up into the air. Prove I don't.

8 years ago

You are a human! As simple as that.

8 years ago

I am human? I don't believe I've seen any evidence on this site suggesting that I am not actually just a complex computer program or alien or something. Prove that I am human.

8 years ago

You asked that question... and still, computer programs don't have telekinesis.

8 years ago

Which you also cannot prove.

8 years ago

What would a program be doing on a website like this?

8 years ago

Maybe I was programmed to be on this website? Again, can't prove otherwise.

8 years ago

Well technically in a way we could, we'd just have to ask the people who made this site.

8 years ago

Nothing says they would have to be the ones who programmed me. I could be the product of a very capable hacker.

8 years ago

Huh, that would be pretty cool. Somebody programmed an extremely capable chat-bot to interact with the members of CYS.

8 years ago

Cysid 2.0

8 years ago
I thought about once making a CYS bot member with python but never got beyond simple commands and forgot about it a while back.

8 years ago

You know, that would be a thousand times cooler than your ungodishly large alt collection.

8 years ago
It was actually channeled through one of my lesser used alts when I was testing it xD

8 years ago

There's a billion better alternatives than being replaced over and over again nightly that still includes your soul being transferred somewhere.

You literally chose the most pointless out of all the theories.

8 years ago
How do magnets work?

8 years ago

Magic. Clearly. (I don't know. Something to do with a magnetic field...?)

8 years ago

Reverse gravitational magnetic field. Duh :D

8 years ago

As far as I can tell, most of you toss and turn in your sleep, a few of you snore, and a couple of you even talk a bit, but none of you have souls floating off anywhere.

Don’t worry about it.

8 years ago

Sometimes I thrash so much I knock my own matress off and wake up on the floor.

8 years ago

Im happy for the info, not so happy you watch me at night

8 years ago

Pffft. He probably only checks the camera when you jerk it. 

8 years ago
"mmm...dem balls"

8 years ago

Gross, thats gross. even if that is sarcasm its gross. :/