Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What should I use to make a blog?

8 years ago

So my D&D group is letting me make a blog of our sessions. That's great and all but there's one small problem; I don't know where or what I should use to make the blog. Because I've never made one before. So what do you guys recommend?

8 years ago

Tumblr. Hahahaha! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8 years ago

I've considered it. Tumblr is only if I have no other choice. Hopefully I will not have to resort to it.

8 years ago

Medium is pretty good for that.

8 years ago

Google Plus - I know a lot of roleplayers who use it so there are probably plenty of people who would be willing to follow you from there. If you don't want to use it for blogging then it would just as good for networking and building a following. It's completely free as well.

WordPress and Blogger are pretty popular ones. You could try squarespace but that one costs. 

8 years ago

I've actually stumbled upon Blogger in my search. I'm still considering it. I didn't know about the Google+. Just thought it was there. Thanks I'll check it out

8 years ago

Wordpress is pretty good, and free; but if you want it to be at your own address (yoursite.com) rather than at the wordpress site (yoursite.wordpress.com), you'll have to pay for that AND you'll have to pay a monthly hosting fee on another site (most hosting sites have a feature where you can instantly set up a host with a wordpress site).

8 years ago

^ This..

Quite simple to use as well. If you want to have your own domain however, I recommend Bluehost. It's cheap and simple, with all the basic tools you'll need to get your blog running.

8 years ago

ForuMotion has a blog making feature, I believe... 

8 years ago

8 years ago

Youtube.