Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Dating sim type game?

7 years ago

im thinking of making a dating sim type game. but im a newbie so i dont really know how to make a really good one. but if you want to use me to help make your own dating sim just ask. i can help with character ideas and whatnot and all i ask is to enjoy the game you may make

Dating sim type game?

7 years ago

1) Work on your punctuality and vocabulary. I mean your spelling is fine... but try to work on using capitals, commas, etc, etc. This site puts a lot of emphasis on these things and your readers wouldn't be very pleased if your punctuation was... well...below the standard.

2) I don't really immerse myself in the romance genre but I can tell you this. People don't like typical smart, strong, handsome jock or generic hot-ass, dumb blond. It's kinda like other genres really. If you want a really intriguing, fascinating movie about... dreams (for example)... you don't want a boring plot about having a crazy dream then waking up and everything goes back to normal. You want something... like Inception. Really interesting and juicy. Watchers get attached to the characters and they're quite literally 'on the edge of their seats'. Plus, at the end, it still makes you question and think about the movie. The word that I'm looking for is 'Unique'. Making your game unique is up to you...tbh.

But the again... those are movies and not books or pieces of literature. If you want a more relatable example, think of your favorite books and ask yourself, "Why are they such great books?" or "What hooked me into the story?". Things like that. 

Dating sim type game?

7 years ago

Hi Xerxes, I see you're new here, so just FYI you get the best results in the writing workshop when you post examples of your writing or give feedback on others. Really vague threads or ones with no content don't get many comments because there's nothing to comment on.

Capitalization, punctuation and all that are important too. This is a writing site.

Dating sim type game?

7 years ago

Are you asking how to write your own dating sim, offering to help someone else write their dating sim or both?