Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Coding

6 years ago

I am doing a story and I'm kind of new at this. My first page starts the story and at the end of the page I have two links one says Female and one says male, I have made a variable called GENDER1 and set the min value as 0 and Max value as 2 and the starting value at 0. I wrote this into my next page, %%GENDER1%=%1%MALE%%%%GENDER1%=%2%FEMALE%%, thinking when I click the link in my game it will show what I clicked but It just came up blank. Can you help

Coding

6 years ago
You have to actually tell the links to set GENDER1 to 1 or 2 depending on the link pressed. Beside each link there's an icon that lets you change the value. Or you could change it in the link script.

Coding

6 years ago

Did that. (signs) I put the change of value in to make MALE to be 1 and FEMALE to be 2.

Coding

6 years ago
I just checked your storygame and it works fine.

Coding

6 years ago

???

I haven't published my game yet.

Coding

6 years ago
You have sneak peak on, which means people have access to your game.

EDIT: Seems you took it off now.

Coding

6 years ago

Is there a limit on how many pages a chapter can have? Cause when I go passed eight, the game said that input error.

Coding

6 years ago
Nope no limit.

I'd also recommend you change your storygame from basic to advanced.

Coding

6 years ago

did that

Coding

6 years ago
It's great you're being considerate of the deaf but I'm pretty sure they can read your text just fine, and in fact, can't see your hands at all.

Coding

6 years ago

THANKS REALLY. Killa_Robot thanks really for all yor help. I figured out what was wrong.

Coding

6 years ago

Can you do 'IF' equations on chooseyourstory.com? For example, if the player choices more answers for one group of variables then a certain page comes up.

Coding

6 years ago

thx.