Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Listen to Panic Mode by Slashy #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-290826967/panic-mode

Sound quality isn't the best, I know, but yeah. There you go. Leave all roasts and/or constructive comments, please.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

o wow

That was certainly a thing that I listened to.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Oh yay, a response.

What'd ya think?

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

I'm not an expert on rap but I don't think that was the most unpleasant song that I've heard. The quality could use some work as you were sometimes drowned out by the beat and loud effects. But I think that's something you already know since you did mention that the production wasn't the best.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Yeah, it was recorded off like, a phone with the beat playing on a pair of speakers lmao.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

I was using a friend's terrible phone to listen to the song before, but I could hear you more clearly on mine. :)

So I think I'll retract my previous statement.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Which statement, exactly? XD

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

You being drowned out by the beat and whatnot. 

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Lyrically, it was okay. The wording seemed creative from what I caught, since your voice was so low in the production. The beat was also pretty good, I don't know who produced it but it was decent.

The problem with this song is your flow. It's nonexistent. You didn't rap to a beat, it sounded like you were free-styling (I know you weren't, though) and even on beat drops you didn't change tune, arrange lyrics to fit into places where it would kick, etc. So I'd recommend working on that.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

The "fuck it I'm having a good time" style of rapping you were using requires a more subdued beat. If you're going to use the type of beat that you did for this song, you've got to be more aggressive with your delivery.

Try practicing with simpler, more subdued beats. A good one to use is "Only the Best" by Penacho. It's on YouTube easy to find if you ever wanna give it a try.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

I'll check it out, thanks.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

The beat is a mess. It overpowers the vocals and it goes from cliche gun noises to chorus to halloween noises or whatever. You also don't have the voice that would make me take you seriously. Either work on your delivery and/or sort of mouth sound, or try to take a more ironic approach, because at the moment you sound a little bit like a valley girl/broadway gay guy reading edgy lyrics, particularly given the lilt at the end of your sentences sounding more matter-of-fact than properly assertive.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Would you suggest like.. deepening my voice?

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Not artificially, that sounds like shit 9 times out of 10, but try working on your delivery and assertiveness if this is the kind of thing you're doing.

Oh, and here's a thing to help you with the mouth sound thing I mentioned.

Ya Boi Made A Song.

6 years ago

Well this is only one song, they're not all gonna be about this. I have a hype song, political song, cop song, love song, BDSM song, and a song about family as well.

Thanks. I'll make sure to check it out. :)