Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello, all!

6 years ago

My name is David.  I enjoyed CYOA books when I was younger, as well as text games.  I'm excited at the prospect of perusing the storygames on this site, as well as creating something of my own.

Hello, all!

6 years ago
Hi, welcome to the site. I could have guessed you are a text adventure fan just looking at your title.

Usual advice for newbs is to check out the top rated games to get an idea of the quality level readers are looking for, and to remember there's no rush to get your own game published. CYOAs can be a lot of work to complete, so you want to make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew and that you proofread and polish and all that.

Stop by the Writing Workshop if you need more direct feedback and advice, and the Advanced Editor board for scripting help. (There are articles as well that should walk you through the basics.)

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Well, that Xyzzy is purely a throwaway.  I needed to create something I could use to test things and get comfortable with them.  I'll be sure to sneak in Adventure references into any games I do create, though!

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Welcome, David. You seem to at least contain some sort of intelligence, so hopefully you'll turn out better than a lot of people we have here. Hope you stick around.

Hello, all!

6 years ago

I don't know about that I'll be spending much time on the forums, but I'll stick for now at least for the storygames.

Hello, all!

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello, all!

6 years ago

I've enjoyed it so far!

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Welcome!~

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Thank you!

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Great to meet you, DavidG. I hope you stick around, because there's lots of interesting storygames on here. I also hope you enjoy the community and write something interesting yourself. Happy Writing! =)

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Thank you for the welcome.  I hope to write something, although whether it'll be interesting remains to be seen.

Hello, all!

6 years ago
Yo

Hello, all!

6 years ago

...ho ho and a bottle of rum

Hello, all!

6 years ago

Welcome, new blood. Enjoy the site.

Hello, all!

6 years ago

No, that's just tomato juice, but it's an easy mistake to make.  Thanks for the welcome!